Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Robotics Engineer
631 Posts
Wow, that's some research, so basically everything is top secret protected by intellectual property, I've read some articles from bilstein, kyb, monroe, etc. and they mention that low pressure nitrogen is introduced to the strut and most of them use liquid nitrogen, but the kyb guy says that 150psi, but low pressure liquid nitrogen makes sense now.
No. It is 150 PSI but introduced as liquid nitrogen. When it "warms" up back to room temperature it becomes a gas which increases the PSI.

·
Registered
155 Posts
well, I have found a video where they guy strips down an ECS strut and runs the motor on a bench with the goal of rebuilding it.

The design is like a Koni with superior machining of the bypass ports for the motor. Really an amazing bit of engineering.

·
Registered
97 Posts
well, I have found a video where they guy strips down an ECS strut and runs the motor on a bench with the goal of rebuilding it.
That video was created by one of the participants in this thread and posted on the first page :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
That video was created by one of the participants in this thread and posted on the first page :)

Me = Duh!

81 - 84 of 84 Posts