Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am from the US and I am planning to be in Zurich for the next year or so. I am hoping to bring my 1995 VR4 with me once I get it repaired - maybe it will arrive here in 2 months. I've had it for 10 years, and at this point I would hate to get rid of it.

Any other 3S's rolling around Zurich lately? If so, hello there. I did see a red VR4 parked next to a park and tram station a few weeks ago. I think it was maybe a 92-93 model. On that occasion, I had just visited for the first time with my girlfriend and wasn't paying attention to where we were, so I can't be more specific. Does that sound like anyone here?

I am currently spending most of my day just looking for an apartment (2.5-3 rooms close to or in the city) and a job (software development) while my girlfriend is at work, so if you're bored and want to hang out let me know.

I'd also welcome any leads for a job or an apartment, or even a good language school.

·
Lutsch Eier
123 Posts
Hey your post was actually some time ago, but are you still in Zurich?
I have a red one and a blue one, but I doubt that it was mine as is was standing for some time.
Did you really take your car with you? D: Must have cost a fortune.

If youre looking for an appartment then you might check homegate.ch out.
You can pm me for more answers.

Regards Richard

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm here to stay for a while it looks like. We found a nice apartment down in Stäfa, and I've got a good job around here too.

Unfortunately, I am just now getting around to shipping my car. I found some good deals back in September, and now they want a fortune for some reason :(

Maybe we'll bump into each other someday, we should be easy to see around here haha.

·
Lutsch Eier
123 Posts
Uff I havent visited the forums since april and just saw your answer.

Are you now back in stäfa or stayin in germany?

I dont see many 3/S cars around Zurich..

We should meet once around if youre still living in switzerland.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am still in Staefa, and I have been driving my car here since August or so.

I am preparing for the technical inspection, although I still haven't heard from strassenverkehrsamt about it. I believe I have to do it within 1 year of my personal arrival (December 1st), but it might be that they are allowing 1 year from the vehicle arrival (August). Anyway, I have some issues to take care of first: oil leak, coolant leak, (minor) fuel leak. Also megasquirt needs to come out I guess. I am waiting on a bunch of parts from 3SX and Evil Empire to arrive.

Do you know of any local place to buy basic supplies for our cars - air filters, etc? Any place for tuning with an AWD dyno?

I think I saw your blue car parked next to the S7 close to Zurich a while back. There can't be many blue ones still out there...
I will be around, maybe some weekend soon before the snow really starts we could meet up :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be here, and my car is fully imported and legal (and slow) now.
Let me know if you want to meet up someplace on the weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts