Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
the fat and the furriest
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this white z0-6 pulls up next to me at light, all day i'd been praying for a race, and im thinking as it pulled up, what a cruel, cruel joke, my only chance for a race and im about to lose...

the light changes, boom i have the perfect AWD launch, hit second, perfect, go to 3rd perfect, the whole time his front bumper was around even with the back of my doors, so it was a noticable win.

Next light, he wont even look at me

thank god, cause i'll never be able to have that launch again :D

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
Sounds like a kill to me, and a very respectable one also.

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Are you sure it was a Z06? Sounds like he needs to learn how to drive. Even a regular C5 would start pulling on you after 2nd gear with your mods. A kill is a kill though!:cool:

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Powelsound said:
Are you sure it was a Z06? Sounds like he needs to learn how to drive. Even a regular C5 would start pulling on you after 2nd gear with your mods. A kill is a kill though!:cool:
I have walked away from C5s in my VR-4, before. I also have a 1997 VR-4, much like the one in the kill story. However, I am running higher boost than stock (not sure if he is running stock boost). You must remember that the 1997 VR-4 is one of the fastest VR-4s of the 2nd gens. It also (unlike your VR-4), has the 6spd tranny. That gearing helps A LOT when running from a roll. Personally, I haven't had that much trouble with the C5s. Most are never even modded...

Great kill.

·
the fat and the furriest
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah im sure, thats why im stunned, but he had the black air intakes on the side, the short back windows, the nice z0-6 rims...mmmmm z0-6...., yeah i dont think the guy was a good driver, i race c-5 everynow and again, and its about even for loses to wins, on a odd note though, my car seems to pull harder in second than the other 2 VR-4 and RT/TT that ive had the pleasure of driving, or riding in. like you said though a kill is a kill, although i still consider it lucky over anything, maybe a gust of wind caught my hoop spoiler and pushed me :D

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Ruiner said:

I have walked away from C5s in my VR-4, before. I also have a 1997 VR-4, much like the one in the kill story. However, I am running higher boost than stock (not sure if he is running stock boost). You must remember that the 1997 VR-4 is one of the fastest VR-4s of the 2nd gens. It also (unlike your VR-4), has the 6spd tranny. That gearing helps A LOT when running from a roll. Personally, I haven't had that much trouble with the C5s. Most are never even modded...

Great kill.

I have beaten C5's on both the street and the track as well. But we're talking about a Z06 here. I don't see a a boost controller in his list of mods. Still, none the less, great kill.:cool:

·
racing is war
1,418 Posts
z06

A z06 is a funny hing when i see these kill stories they if they launch like at the track are capable of high 12's hell even autoweek got them into the 12's and they normally cannot drive but it all in how you drive the car i can take a lambo and do 060 in 10 secs if i wanted to;)

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
Impressive kill with your set-up.

Nice job. You were the better driver that day.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
THIS IS WHAT I HATE ABOUT THIS BOARD.... THIS GUY GETS A GOOD KILL AND YOU MARK IT DOWN AS A BAD DRIVER IN THE VETTE.

Good job man, use what you have, AWD, vs that monster of a car. Sure if you bench race the vette SHOULD probably win, but come on IT IDIDN'T.

We all know what cars SHOULD run, and bench racing makes the war stories section boring, becuase its no supprise when i outrun a stang, or if i get killed by a modded LS1.

Again, good kill man, nice driving, and more practice will make those PERFECt AWD launches happen everytime :)

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
FASTRNU-

I'm not sure what you are getting at . . . he won this race because he was the better driver. All things considered, a stock Z06 IS a stronger car than a stock 2nd gen TT 3SI . . . so how can you think that it was NOT driving skill ?

·
poser
2,611 Posts
I bought my Stealth from a Z06 owner...he contended that the Stealth is faster up to about 50 in his estimation, then gearing takes over on the Z06.

·
the fat and the furriest
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i still think it was more luck than skill on my part, im good, but i only win about 1/2 my races with stock C-5 vettes, something i have noticed though is since then, ive had more vette owners looking at me, my im paranoid though... for those of you who said the vette probably had a no good driver, i agree, ive test driving the Z0-6, and well, me vrs me i'd kick my ass in the vette :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
We all have those days when we beat a car that we probably should have lost to. But in the end whether its bragging rights or money...winning is really what its all about.

Could be driving, could be bad gas, hell it could be a million things. But when I beat your ass and we meat up at the other end. I don't want to hear, hey I had a bad launch can we race again. Cause it really wasn't a fair race.

I've actually had this happen on a money race. Always helps to have a friend hold the money.

Good kill bro...

WD

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
what i'm saying is that he won becuase he's a better driver, or he's lucky or the vette stalled it really doesn't matter. I never said he won becuase of anything else. I'm just saying that too many people mark this stuff as a fluke rather than saying good kill, keep them coming. There is just too much bench racing going on here. DANG YOU ALL!:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts