Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I call it like I see it..
13,409 Posts
6 is my fav...I hate shadows in my flash photography. I'd have used another fill light at low power to ward them off.

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow man, really your photography has come a LONG way already. The lighting looks fantastic here.
6 is my fav...I hate shadows in my flash photography. I'd have used another fill light at low power to ward them off.
Ahh i just got done with an 11 hour drive and i cannot see straight.

Thanks for the comments guys. Ive been working a bit at getting my lighting the way i like it. Yea, i hate shadows, so you can see that i started to move away from that wall that i thought would be cool in the first place. I underestimated its distractiveness.

I was actually using two flashes and still got the shadow. I guess my 430exII is a little more powerful than i expected. Ill have to tone it down a bit.

·
I call it like I see it..
13,409 Posts
Ahh i just got done with an 11 hour drive and i cannot see straight.

Thanks for the comments guys. Ive been working a bit at getting my lighting the way i like it. Yea, i hate shadows, so you can see that i started to move away from that wall that i thought would be cool in the first place. I underestimated its distractiveness.

I was actually using two flashes and still got the shadow. I guess my 430exII is a little more powerful than i expected. Ill have to tone it down a bit.
Back it down or position it further away. You want it to evenly light the area. Macky has some perfect strobe shots..minimal shadow perfect balance.

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, not one little bit. But I love those shots. :bigthumb:

I have a 430EXII also. Do you have two - did you set one up to go off wirelessly?
Ive only got one of those. My other flashes are older and non compatible with my canon gear, so i just use radio poppers. I wish i had a 580 just for ease, but this way feels more creative, so i like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts