Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an R/T with no mods except a neon shifter knob which I thing adds 20 HP. j/k. Anyway, I don't want to Turbo or Supercharge it 'cause I really don't have the money. Pretty soon I'm going to have my engine rebuilt and I was thinking, since it's cheaper, I might get NOS. I know, I'm a crazy teenager, that's not the point. But, I was hoping some of you would know exactly what I need to have done to my engine so it's "safe" to run Nitrous. Any help from you guys would be appreciated.

·
Registered
466 Posts
you have a neon shofter knob? please tell me you aren't serious.
please?
there are some things, such as the holocaust, that make me embarassed to be human.
there are some things, like neon shift knobs on a 3k/stealth, that make me embarassed to be human, much less own one of the cars

·
Whatever Man
2,678 Posts
NOS will bring you more power than a rebuild, and be much cheaper. However you may have to rebuild if you NOS it too much...

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
[email protected]'s right, if u use nitrous, it shortens the life of the engine, while ur usin the nitrous, save up for an engine rebuild. :D

·
Twin Power Pellets
9,372 Posts
NOS doesn't shorten the life of an engine...
I think whatevermn meant was... if you plan to put larger shots of NOS on your N/A... you will need to rebuild your engine to handle the larger NOS amount. Or... if you are a complete 'tard with a NOS setup.. and go past the limits of the engine... then you will be forced to rebuild. :)

NOS, if done right, doesn't harm your engine anymore than what you already do to it. It just makes it run more efficiently.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Its all relative. Turning on your car is supposedly the most damaging thing u can do to it (all that stuff turning before the oil pump can get fired up). Obviously the harder you run the car, the more wear you incur. When you're running nitrous, you usually have your foot buried pretty deep in the floor board. Running nitrous isn't what cause wear. An explosion taking place in the cylinder is what causes wear :)

.jon

·
Lord of Eagle's Reach
1,511 Posts
save your money for a TT - much better baseline for any modding and it's safer - there is just something very wrong with a front wheel drive sports car (yes, i know a lot of you have them modded to hell, and i used to own one, but FWD just makes me nervous)
Matt

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Nos is cheaper but the engine rebuild is less costly in the long run. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.