Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks guys that's good to know that there is nothing wrong with my car.

To the guys out there that have replaced there exhaust, are you going with just a single exhaust or replacing with better exhaust with the duals look?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've owned my 95 R/T TT for about a mounth now and have been reading every question regarding exhaust, active exhaust to be more specific. I have noticed that I here my exhaust ALOT more out of the drivers side of the car and when it is cold out see it ALOT more from the drivers side. My car does not have an active exhaust, unless I'm just that stupid and can't find the damn switch. The question is: Is it mormal for the exhaust to dominate the drivers side??

All comments are needed please!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
The Active Exhaust was discontinued in 1995. The switch was next to the rear wiper switch, there's a filler plug there now. Most of the exhaust does come out of the drivers side, very little out the other.

Brian 1995 VR-4

A

·
0 Posts
hmm how about something that's a true dual exhaust, increases performance and uses the active exhaust system to make it loud/quiet.. or is there nothing like this ??

I usually don't like having a very loud exhaust note... though when lining up at the light I wouldn't mind waking up half a block..

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Brian, you say "a matter of preference"? There is no data that leans more to either a dual or single exhaust? I'm surprised.

So, esthetics aside, what would you personally recommend as a performance enhancement on a quick but streetable (daily driver)TT, single or duals?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts