Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone that has a yellow pearl paint, can I have your factory paint code? I am painting my truck and would like that yellow on it. Also, is there a difference between yellow pearl and Martinique yellow? Thank you guys in advance.:D

·
Registered
400 Posts
dmeltice

There's two guys on this board that have yellow Stealths. One of them goes by the username James S & the other goes by the name 38cigarette. James S e-mail address is [email protected]. I don't know the other person's address off hand. Sorry:confused:.

·
Registered
281 Posts
me too

I have a pearl yellow Stealth too. There is a guy (cant remember his name) who has a 96 Stealth. He made a webpage that has tons and tons of all kinds of info. The paint codes were on that website. Matter of fact, it may be that guy who just put down a 13.0 flat in his 96 Stealth.

·
Registered
194 Posts
According to the plate in by the engin, on my 94 R/T, the code is Y99.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
Y99

That's right, my '95 SL has Y99 as the code as well. It looks nice, I love it. For some reason a lot of my friends think it looks ugly, but they're just jealous :cool:

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
For some reason a lot of my friends think it looks ugly, but they're just jealous
I have had the most comliments from people that do not like yellow, but for some reason like the pearl yellow. They say other yellows have too much of a mustard color in them.

·
3/S car dealer/mechanic
460 Posts
Yep mine has a code of Y99 as well. For some reason after the many fender benders my car was in before I bought it whoever painted it REALLY didn't get the paint right:confused: I have I think a total of 3 diffrent shades of yellow :( under some lights it matches ok other times it looks like total shit. You can tell from the pic in my sig that compared to other yellow cars mine has more of a white color to it due to the first time it was repainted that was really done bad. Someday mine will get a new paint job the right way (srtipped to primer) and I will DEFINTALLY take it to a place that can match the orignal color perfectally.

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
I have talked to many people that said the Pearl Martinique Yellow is almost impossible to match right. I have considered getting the Bomex front lip for a while or the Pitroad M front, but I am afraid the paint won't match.

·
Canada Eh!
523 Posts
My Problem Too

I have a 94 pearl yellow VR-4 and I need work(replacement) of my front bumper and I fear that when I get it done the paint may not match.

Pearly type paints are very difficult to match by any body shop:rolleyes:

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
me too!

I have similar problem, the B-Pillar (?) or the piece behind the fake plastic window on my left side is more whitish. Also on that side, the panel aft of my door has some....I don't know how to describe it, starbust crack? It's sort of a starburst type of pattern, not too noticeable. I used some scratch remover on it and it became less so, but can I fix that?

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
300ZX

This made me wonder, I've seen a pearl yellow 300ZX before and I know they're rare, but are they the same color as our pearl yellow? I've never seen one up close.

·
Registered
281 Posts
matching the paint

If you guys are worried about the paint being matched right why dont you guys shoot an email to AAM (or whoever it is). At least I think its AAM. Arent they the ones who have a pearl yellow 2nd gen Stealth with a 99 front end with a big FMIC on it? There were posts with pics of it. The car is sweet and the paint looks awesome. Find out which company has that car and ask them where/who did the paint work.

·
Canada Eh!
523 Posts
Re: me too!

dabigv13 said:
I have similar problem, the B-Pillar (?) or the piece behind the fake plastic window on my left side is more whitish. Also on that side, the panel aft of my door has some....I don't know how to describe it, starbust crack? It's sort of a starburst type of pattern, not too noticeable. I used some scratch remover on it and it became less so, but can I fix that?
Try getting a but of professional grade rubbing compound, rub the affected paint till your arm is sore then rub it a little more after use a sealer and a good wax and that should restore the paint.
Give it a shot!
Mike
:cool:

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
BigBoi, you are my hero. That bugs me about my car more than anything, if this works....you are a god among men.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts