Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Martinique Yellow Pearl that came on the 3000GT's the same color as the Yellow Pearl on the Stealth's?

Reason I ask is I have some touch up paint for a '94 3000 GT and am selling it and someone with a yellow pearl Stealth wants to buy it. So, will it match?

Thanks

Dan

·
IDIC
4,390 Posts
yep, I saw my mom's pearl yellow stealth next to a pearl yellow 3000 and it looked identical. do you have the "pearl" touch up or is it mixed together? The ones we have are seperate..the yellow in one bottle, the pearl in another.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Green 3kgt - I dunno, yours looks to be one shade darker...:p

Zentelis - It is already mixed. It's from paintscratch.com, they're 10.5 oz. spray can with the flex additive for the bumpers and the clear coat, which they say must be applied for the color to match.

Seriously though, Thanks alot guys!!

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
ehhh . . you better double check that.

When ever I have had my car next to a yellow VR4, my car shows a fair amount more pearl.

I believe the codes are actually different as well . . maybe the base yellow is the same code though . . and the difference may be just in the amount of pearl . . . I dunno.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
38 Cig - I'm not knocking you, but do you think that maybe your paint could be a little faded and that makes it look more pearl? I noticed you work off shore so there's probably a fair amount of sun, right? I honestly have no clue, I'm just trying to find out for this guy, and I'm not saying your paint is faded, just asking for your thoughts.:D

I know that my 3000GT was definitely faded because the previous owner didn't take care of it at all. I saw the real color when I took off the bra, which I don't think he ever did.

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
No knocks taken :D

My ( original issue ) paint is actually very, very good . . not far from new . . so no issues with fade / cracks / loss of luster here . . any of the Chicagoland guys can confirm this.

Have you looked up the paint codes for each ?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
The color code for all 94 and 95 3/S's are all Y99. The color is hard to match. The shop I work at just did a complete paint job on a fellow 3si member's Pearl Yellow Stealth. The two moldings that go from the fender along the roof and to the quarter were very pearlecent compared to the color we just painted. We even put 4 coats of pearl and the color is quite a bit different. We're painting the moldings now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.