Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys & gals,

Just got me a 94 GTO TT, 6 speed - this machine rocks!
I've heard all the stories on this board, but have never felt the sheer power that the twin turbos dish out - just awesome!

Just a couple of questions
94 was the first year of the gen II shape?
And I think they boosted the power to 320hp
Can anyone confirm this.

It also has a crap stereo (non-GTO) so the steering wheel controls don't function.
How easy is it to get hold of the factory standard decks, preferably with the CD option?

Thanks guys,

Max
94 GTO TT - Deveil Red!

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
Have you tried Ebay? A lot of times people sell off their old systems there or on our classified board on this site. I suppose you could also go through Mitsubishi, but you're going to pay through the nose. Where do you live that you've got a GTO? Or is it a rebadged 3000GT? In either case, get some pics out on the net.

·
Mmmmm, Boooooost!
1,563 Posts
Well, congrats on the GTO. Be happy about that. Us United states folks are several legs down from you. You've got the 440cc injectors, and most likely, bigger turbos. Currently, you 95 has 320 HP and that change came in 1994. THey upped the boost from about 9.5PSI to 12PSI to get the extra HP outta the car. Plus, in 1995, they added a 6-speed instead of the broad geared 5-speed.

If you check out the audio section and the parts for sale section of this message board, there's usually several guys selling theirs. In fact, give me a couple of weeks and I'll get you mine. I've got the stock deck with CD (which has had some gliches, though). I'd include the amp and all the bells and whistles for, say, $150. Interested, then e-mail me at [email protected] and we'll work something out.

Peace out.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the comments guys.

It is a genuine GTO, not a rebadged 3000GT, cause I live in New Zealand.

Anyone know how to ID the turbos ie. 9B's, 13G's etc? I would be interested to know which type I have.

Cheers,

Max.
94 GTO TT - Devil Red!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts