Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Lovbyts
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always fought my Y pipe when trying to put it back on. I have used grease, WD 40, oil and anything else I could think of and I always get it to go on but with great effort and the rubber boot getting pinched or messed up. I tried something so basic a while back and it worked so good I could not believe I had not tried it before. I just had to take my Y pipe off to do some cleaning to see if it took care of that stalling problem so I had to put it back on again and used the same trick. I can't believe how good this works. Sorry I did not share it with you last time. Take the Y pipe completely off and submerge the end that goes on the intake in Hot Hot Hot but not boiling water for about 5 minutes. The whole thing just slips right on with out a fight. I would suggest also going to NAPA and getting a good hose clamp that uses the bolt and nut instead of a screw to hold it in place. My Y pipe use to come off under hard boost and now with the new clamp it has never come off. Nice $2.00 fix. I hope the hot water trick helps someone. Please let me know what you think. I will keep everyone updated on if cleaning the intake plenum with carb cleaner helps with the poor starting when warm sometimes situation. I do know my idle was a lot higher when I was done and I had to turn the screw in at least 5 or 6 turns to get it back down to normal.

B

·
0 Posts
Yes, please keep us posted. I am very anxious to know what you find ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts