Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm putting in my Supermac rear strut tower bar and find 2 connectors back there that aren't plugged in... they are on the drivers side strut tower. they are smaller than the ECS connectors and they arent plugged in. also I couldnt find the parts they do plug into... are they diagnostic ports? WTF are they? I will try to get pics tmr.
:mitsu: :mitsu: :mitsu:

·
Damn Money Pit!!!
1,796 Posts
there are only 3 connectors in that area...I'm sure one of the 2 you are looking at is CD changer connector! The other one is most likely the rear ECS connector, but if you dont have your rear speakers in the car it could very well be the connector for the rear speaker!!! So basically it probably is the CD Changer and the ECS connectors!!! Do you have either of those options on the car??? Those are the only 3 the manual shows in that area!!! Hope this helps!!!

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
theres lots of cables on the drivers side that ive noticed.........

Ive always wondered what it all was too.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx 93stealth!

well, the CD changer is one of them I bet! Its an all custom jobber now so no factory changer! however, I did the speakers and remember what that connector looked like and this isnt it. nor is is the rear ECS since that is still hooked up. this one is much smaller than the rear ECS... could it be for the rear defroster maybe? I have NO idea.... will try to get pics today if not tooooo busy! thanx mucho!

·
Damn Money Pit!!!
1,796 Posts
Actually...now that i think about it...there was small connector also in use with the bigger sized connector on the CD changer when I removed mine, so that could be what it is your seeing!!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
power antena conector?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think 93stealth is the winner!

that must be what it was, the power antenna is fine and dandy (now that I replaced the mast, which if you have done this u know is the messiest damn job in whole freaking world!!! =) so it must all be for the CD changer! thanx 93stealth, I can sleep again now!!

·
Damn Money Pit!!!
1,796 Posts
no problem man...these damn service manuals have came in handy real nice!! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.