Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to collect all the parts for the "factory authorized" Cellular Phone installation in my 1993 3000GT (see this thread for more details, all info I've collected about this option, and continued updates).

I've already collected many parts, but am missing a couple very important parts:
  • Hands free module: Mounts to the steering column and has a microphone, 3 speed-dial buttons, and I believe an answer/end button.
  • Hands free controller: A gray box that mounts on the driver side of the trunk area behind the plastic panel. Three connectors plug into the box, and two wires come out of the box and plug into the phone base/transceiver.
  • Handset cradle: The handset clips into this.
  • Power cable: Plugs into a connector near the 3 connectors for the hands free controller, other end plugs into the phone base/transceiver.
These parts could exist on any 1991-1993 300GT (base, SL, or VR4). I'm not sure if it was available for the Stealth, but I would expect it to be. It was also available on at least the 1992 Mitsubishi Diamante, and likely a few years after.

Here's a drawing of the hands free module and controller:

Here's a picture that includes the handset cradle (with mounting bracket) and the hands free controller:

For reference, here's diagrams from the service manual showing where the connectors for all the phone components are. All of these connectors are annotated as being only for 1991-1993 models:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a phone on the 3sx website under used parts on page 30.
Thanks for the heads up, but that's not the factory phone, and doesn't have any of the hands-free components I need.

Factory phone is the DiamondTel Model 92 (made by Mitsubishi). I already have the phone. Looks like this:

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,095 Posts

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,095 Posts
Not even a chuckle at my 867-5309 pickup?

Damn.

Bob. :)

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Bob. I just read this thread. And, beverage spitting surprise lol!!! Could not have been more perfect in genre, theme and era!

I say this having just recieved my pre ordered Motorola Droid Razr FLIP phone. And NOT so ordered for want of trendiness or fashion. Rather, because I lost all hope of owning a modern version of the original flat black, 4" pull out antenna, minimal script display, all flat black, pre Android Motorola flip phone that began my cellular life - with the advent of touch screen, nearly too large to be considered a "handset", camera industry killing, laptop turned paperweight caising, monolithic touch screen teletablets....until Motorola announced the new "Not your mother's" Flip Phone.

Having just cracked open the box fkr pre activation assessment of my new moto flip phone while still using my active slabphome. Then viewing the thread and your post fell right in stride with my mindspace related to things "then and now"! Cool. More than a chuckle my man!!! Lolol!!!

Peace

1 - 8 of 8 Posts