Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My '92 R/T TT with a cat-delete and ATR Pitbull catback's muffler itself has gone shot, and is making god awful droning sounds at unload at high RPMs and while under power at 2k and 4k. with the rest of the pipes being completely fine. I'd rather just replace the muffler rather than replace the whole exhaust or fabricate a custom muffler or straight pipe. From what I read ATR shutdown in 2004, so you can't buy new mufflers from them anymore.

Just looking for the muffler unit itself, not any pipes or clamps.

Edit: See my next post

·
Verified Hitman
478 Posts
I have a brand new ATR exhaust system, never been installed. I purchased it years ago. Send me a pm if you are interested.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, almost a year later and somehow that rattling seemed to have sort of fixed itself, for whatever goddamn reason. Thing that was rattling just stopped. But, a few days ago I ran over a dead animal right in the center of the lane, heard a loud thunk of something hitting the only thing low enough in the center to hit anything, my exhaust, went over a speedbump aaaaaaaaaand the pipe was dragging on the floor-

That front, 'kinked' piece that went into the test pipe's connection gave way when the hanger snapped, dragging on the road all the way back to my driveway. In the proccess, the Mandrel bent piece downstream of that was pinched, and the muffler unit opened like a can opener...

So, at the minimum I need a new muffler unit and Mandrel bent pipe upstream from that muffler, and potentially a new kinked pipe. Everything else, the two outlets coming out of the muffler seem to be fine. Anyone have any for sale?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts