Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have basically given up trying to find a 4 bolt block I’ve tried the market place, eBay , auto salvage I cannot find just a bare block. Thought I had one on Facebook but seller sold as a package. I’ve even tried calling Mitsubishi dealers listed on those stupid google results when searching MD187502 all the Mitsu parts suppliers claim these independent dealers have the item but everyone I’ve called does not. Any help or direction would be much appreciated

· Registered
1994 Mitsubishi 3000gt VR-4
297 Posts
I have one but it's a bare block with no cradle. The cradle that is on it is from another block. I have been told that it can be machined precisely for it to work. But I have also been told that it's not a good idea.

· One fix at a time
9,758 Posts
I have one but it's a bare block with no cradle. The cradle that is on it is from another block. I have been told that it can be machined precisely for it to work. But I have also been told that it's not a good idea.
You can have it align honed so it’ll work but that’s the only way to do it when you mismatch girdles. The problem is usually finding a machine shop that has small enough diameter tooling to hone our mains.

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,085 Posts
Hey guys I have basically given up trying to find a 4 bolt block I’ve tried the market place, eBay , auto salvage I cannot find just a bare block. Thought I had one on Facebook but seller sold as a package. I’ve even tried calling Mitsubishi dealers listed on those stupid google results when searching MD187502 all the Mitsu parts suppliers claim these independent dealers have the item but everyone I’ve called does not. Any help or direction would be much appreciated
Just stumbled upon this

· Registered
543 Posts
I have a 4 bolt bare block just sitting around. It's from a 92 with about 158k on it. I do also have the crank (cast) and heads as well. Where are you located?

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Located in Ma would be possibly interested in just the block, has it ever spun a bearing and is the girdle with it. I am waiting to hear back from someone in the Facebook group but it’s over seas so pending shipping it might not work out. I have a 91 with like 45k on the clock I’m looking for a 4 bolt to do a stroker with hopefully the 74 crank and use my current heads. Do you have the oil pan as well?

· Registered
543 Posts
The engine has never spun a bearing and yes I do have the girdle and bolts. I don't have the oil pan though.

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If it’s a late 92 it has the possibility of being a four bolt I think build date after June maybe ? But cast crank would indicate otherwise I think the four bolt s from that time are referred to as 92.5s

· Science, bitch!
1992 VR4
965 Posts
If it’s a late 92 it has the possibility of being a four bolt I think build date after June maybe ? But cast crank would indicate otherwise I think the four bolt s from that time are referred to as 92.5s
A late 92 build date is a 1993 model year car, and probably has a 4 bolt main block. I have a 92.5 with the 25 spline OS, but it's a 2 bolt main. And yes, cast crank is a dead giveaway.

· Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
18,384 Posts
@Syn47 , have you seen this?

Bob.

· Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks I hadn’t seen that posting, I appreciate bringing it to my attention.i am not really looking for a long block but if the price I right I would consider. My only question I have regarding that post is that the engine is bored .20 over how would this effect plans to do rays Stroker. I know he’s basically only doing the work he has currently due to supply issues. I’m going to see if my local shop could do the 74 crank grind and then reach out to ray about his specific pistons. I know for his stroker the wrist pins were moved to allow for the displacement to work. I would fully go to ray if I had the four bolt and he was back up and running but I’m looking to see if I can accomplish some tasks locally and then get on a list for his pistons.

Thanks
-Nick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts