Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey this guy that has a WRX and the only mod he has is an custom exhaust... he claims he beats 5.0 mustangs? is this true? I looked up the numbers and 5.0 has the advantage? ... and what happens if I race him? Will I beat him or lose horribly??

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
WRX can probly take a stock 5.0 easily from a stop.
Probly take you easily froma stop also.
Do you have any performance mods to your car?

Those WRX's arn't horibly fast, nor bum ass slow. 14's-15's in the qtr? Don't quote me. but easy to drive & w/ a simi decent driver can give good turn outs on street runs.
You never know if the 5.0 stang he raced had a shitty driver. It will take a decent driver in a stang to win on the short end froma stop.

If your not running for money just go for it.
but don't put any money on it.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what if i get them on the go??? i have 75 shot of nos!!!!!!! haha and cold air intake, custom exhuast... and other things to help tune the car

·
Registered
856 Posts
lamvu187 said:
what if i get them on the go??? i have 75 shot of nos!!!!!!! haha and cold air intake, custom exhuast... and other things to help tune the car
75 shot? My money is on you :)
Just get off the line, and juice it once u get some traction. Just be ready for him to get 4-5 cars on you before u can even get traction.

.jon

·
Hot Damn, here I am!
2,684 Posts
lamvu187 said:
Depends. If you have a PROPERLY tuned 75 shot then you're gonna win, not off the line, but you'll eventually win. But if you don't have a nice wet 75-shot setup with fuel controller and dyno tuning he'll probably still beat you. The difference between a tuned nitrous kit and an untuned nitrous kit is amazing. What kind of 1/4 times do you put down with the kit?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts