Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just got my front ECS struts after waiting for them for a month.I got them through 'Gabriel' distributor up here in Toronto,since they can not be shipped with any regular mail from the US.Now,I was just checking the parts numbers on them and comparing them to the mitsupartsdirect.com part numbers,and the ones I got are 898370,which are listed for the cars with ABS,but my car doesn't have ABS!!!
I was wondering if anybody knows if they will fit,and work on my car,without problems?

Thanx
Milan
92 ES

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just called Gabriel

and the person I spoke to says,that they have only one listing for the cars with ECS and that is 204SP (Gabriel part number for a strut),and that he doesn't have any listing for the cars with or without ABS,and these 'should' fit all the cars with ECS from years
91-95!!!

What the f*^%?

Milan
92 ES

P.S.The struts are genuine Mitsu parts,and come in mitsu box.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody?

·
Tire Pumper Extraordinair
4,068 Posts
They *should* fit, but I'm not 100% sure. Mitsu uses different #'s for identical parts in quite a few cases. The only way to know for sure is to remove one of the old ones at the garage then compare them side by side. I can't see why the wouldn't fit. I couldn't see them designing a seperate strut for cars with ABS and one without.

Ted

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx Ted

You were right.
The struts were installed today with no problems.
I spoke with my mechanic and he said,that the only difference would be some sort of a screw that is usually attached,
to the struts with ABS somewhere on the side,which has no meaning or impact,on the main installation ,but its there to support some sort of a cable of some sort,and that is all.

Thanx,
Milan

·
Tire Pumper Extraordinair
4,068 Posts
Glad to hear!

BTW- Make sure you hear a whirrrrl noise front both the front and back struts when you press the sport/tour button (ignition on) to make sure they're all hooked up right.

Also- You'll notice the ride improve a bit after about 500km or so as they loosen up.

Ted

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ted

The ride is better already as I just came from a test ride.
I also put my stock 16 wheels for the winter,since I had 17 's on for the summer,and steering response is way better.
The only thing that bothers me is the wheel gap,which is really big!

Milan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts