Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dam brakes locked up. Abs useless. Car went sideways and off the imbankment. Fliped and next thing i now, I'm crawling out with my baby making unGodly hissing noises. The radio sounded okay though. Dealer had wanted $2900 for a new abs pumb earlier this year. Guess it wasn't that expensive after all. I consider myself a very good driver. I even practice on empty parking lots in the winter. Be carefull out there. Escaped with a few scrapes and a very soar back. I'd like to sue the city for not having gaurd rales.

I am selling it whole at this time. If I can't get a reasonable offer than, I will take it part. Don't have any time or
patience to take car apart at this time.

92 stealth twin turbo
black.
Monore 7 spike alloy wheels. Tires bald.
Hit front towards driver side. roof cave in.
rear and most of the passenger side apears kind of okay. Havn't taking good look at it yet. Windows gone.

In a week I'll be able to take a better look at it and put more info.

Located in lansing Michigan

I have no idea what its worth, but will take best offer.

·
I scare clowns
445 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident George.
Glad you are safe.

Quite a few people have had major
accidents involving rollovers, flips,
head-on collissions, and in all of them,
the car has done a kick-ass job of
providing stability and safety for it's
passengers. Just amazing to hear you
walk out of the car, in one piece, after
a crash like that. I was in a wreck too,
and aside from getting a big Suburban,
this is one damn safe car.

Try taking pics of it if u can!

-= nav =-

"www.emahir.com <-- I KISS YOU!!!"

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
sorry to hear about your loss...thank god you are ok...did you have full-coverage? keep us posted with whats going on ok? but now you have an excuse to get a 99 vr4!

·
Lovbyts
3,618 Posts
Verry sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you can get another one after it is all over. Glad to hear you wern't seriously injured. If you decide to part it let me know what you want for the wheels. I am looking for some winter wheels.

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about your accident. It does go to prove the awesome safety these cars provide though. I was really looking forward to seeing your car at the next local gathering. For curiosity, how much are you looking to sell the car for? If you decide to part it out, I'm interested in a few things. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.

Still havn't taken a good look at her. You're right about safety though. The car is extrimely manuverable and stable, yet it's still a machine and does have it's limits.

No full coverage. Don't care though. Gives me a reason to buy a new car, maybe in a year though.

Wan't know what it's worth till i look at her. Whether the wheels are good or not? May consider parting it out if your willing to drive to lansing or maybe UPS???

george

M

·
0 Posts
George, man I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. I totally understand cause I wrecked my firebird last spring. However everything happens for a reason if I hadnt wrecked it I wouldnt have my Stealth now so thats how I justify it. Something good will come out of it. I'm up in the flint area. I'll come look at it when your ready to part some of it out. I'm in need of a few simple things. If you want someone to go look at it with ya email me I'll drive down. [email protected]
take it easy on that back of yours.
Mike Scofield

·
BFA
1,180 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wreck! These cars seen to be pretty safe though. I rolled mine also and walked away without any scratches or bruises, and i wasn't even sore anywhere. For some reason, even when I was flipping over, I felt pretty safe in my car, just weary of any cars about to hit me though. I think there may have been a problem with my brakes also, and I was charged with careless driving, which would use up the rest of my points and give me a suspended license. I plead not guilty and have a mechanic looking at my car this wed. to find out why my front wheel drive car fishtailed. Do you know exactly what is wrong with the abs pump, and what would give indictions that it doesn't work right? I need any info to bring to court to get off this ticket. Thanks

Jason
92 Stealth R/T TT

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jason.

I had a dodge dealer look over the brakes, and they informed me of a bad ABS pumb. (thats all I know). The ABS light would come on after you put the car in drive and stay on.
That's kind of what happened to my all wheel drive car. I hit the brakes hard and it swerved to the left and lost control. Might be because I was coming out of a turn at high speed. I am going to fight my ticket too. Wreckless driving too. Maybe take the points off.

George

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took better look at her today. Wow. Looks like front bumper damaged upwards from
role over. Both front fenders damaged. right headlight unite appears okay. Roof cave
in about 3-4 inches mainly above driver side. Side damage towards diver side body
panelling. Passanger side door might be okay. All front windows broken. Rear hatch
window appears intact. Rear of car apears okay. Spoiler okay. Unable to open rear
hatch, probably because of roof cave in. Did not look under car. But mufflers appeared
okay. Interior should be all okay, except for broken glass everywhere and some dirt.
Front hood is off car. Engine appears okay. Did not look at radiator, but guessing that
it's not great. The alloy wheels look good in my oppinion. Still need to take a better
look at wheels. Some scratches on them. All 4 tires are now flat.

1) The car just recently had front brake pads, rotors and bearings replaced, within
150 miles.
2) New water pump within 200 miles.
3) Original casset, CD player
4) New battery recently
5) Original Black leather power seat
6) Original ON-screen Heat/Air display

Got some guy in texas thats offering $1200 for the car. Don't know how interested he
is.
I hope he dosn't plan on driving it from michigan to Texas.

Thanks
George
[email protected]

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
George, how many miles were on the car when you wrecked it? If you're seriously considering $1200, I can do much better and I live near Detroit. E-mail me at [email protected] if you want to discuss this further.

·
Lovbyts
3,618 Posts
George,
Again I'm sorry to hear about you loss. I'm sure you can do a lot better than $1200. If you decide to part it I would be interested in your wheels as extras and also you brake rotors. How are the struts? Let us know what you decide to do. Good luck and I hope you get another one soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Paul.
Still interested in selling as whole. I have someone looking at it maybe this sunday. If it doesn't work, than probably start parting it out. Front rotors, bearings, bads are brand new, assuming undamaged by accident. Don't know how good struts are. Car was very stiff. will take closer look at it today.

George

M

·
0 Posts
I will buy the seats if we can do a purchase here in Michigan. Gatecrasher and Alan maybe we can get together on this for the Detroit club because there are more parts than the seat I want and I am sure the rest of the club members can get a lot of use from it too. Mike F 92 TT

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
I'd be the fourth Detroit member that would be interested in parts. If mileage is not too high I'd be interested in heads (or the whole engine) and the fuel pump bracket / assembly (not the actual fuel pump). I'm willing to make fair offer.

I'll be in Florida over the holidays, leaving tomorrow afternoon, returning January 3rd.

Gatecrasher, Alan, & Mike, lets make plans if George is willing.

Thanks,
Joe Gonsowski
'92 R/T TT

[This message has been edited by Joe G. (edited December 22, 1999).]

·
Dodge should sponsor me
2,014 Posts
i need an extra set of wheels, ill go with joe, alan, and everyone else to come see it, let us know.

·
Banned
10,940 Posts
Just for referance. I am not interested in anymajor parts. I just was ofering to help get the word out localy if george wants to go the "part out" route"

Alan

M

·
0 Posts
I'm going down there to see it tomorrow so I'll let you all know what George is planning to do with it after I get home. The only things I'm lookin at are the drivers seat, and the front right inner plastic fender. Possibly the heads for some machine work. George and I have been exchanging emails back and forth he would really like to get rid of the whole thing but he said if it doesnt work out with a guy on Sunday then he'll part it out to us.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I guess it's good that alot of people are interested in this car. Just don't want anyone to have any great exagerated hopes on the present condition of the car. Would hate to see anyone greatly disappointed in the condition of the car. Hopefully whom ever ends up buying it is not diappointed. I guess I am writing this because to me the car has seen better days. It should still have alot of good parts in it.

Everyone is welcome to see it though.

I've tried to reply to most everyone. If missed anyone, sorry.

Thanks
George

1 - 20 of 26 Posts