Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ... My friends and i are in highschool and good with omputer i am just wondering if this would work in a vr4 ... my friends took Autocad ... and we "bought" (COUGH pirated) autocad ... i was thinking of drawing up some plans very precisly and then making a very custom box ... but since i dont own a VR4 (yet) i dont know exzactly what would work best ... anyways to the point

I was thinking about desighning a box that fits in the vr4 with minimal space taken up (since it hardly has any) ... i have read that the subs sound best when bouncing off the back glass and then going to the front so my idea is this ... mind you this has most likly been done i just havent com across it yet ...

Idea ...
remove spare and cut out the metal hump under it ...
then form a box that fits down into that and on either side of the car (left and right) have to subs that are angled up into thte middle of the car ... we would use autocad to get the exzact angle needed to meet the sound directly together at the back hatchback .... (i am writing this from memory of about 30 seconds view at the back of the car) so the box would be all connected but on ether side an elevated and angled branch from the main box would angle th subs sound waves to meet exzactly at the glass and bounce foward to the middle of the fromt windshield ... i think that this would work theoretically ... i will attempt to draw pics but i need to see the back of the vr4 ... are there any websites that show pics of people custom boxes .....

I bet someone has already done this .. i was just thinking this would be tight ....

thanks for your time again!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have already designed a box using Rhino (similar to autocad). Although for the left side of the rear hatch, so that I could leave my spare in and leave maximum space. Really the only reason I used Rhino was for the volume calculations, I was too lazy to do the math myself. The rest of it is easy.

But what you are suggesting has already been done with fiberglass in many cars, and the advantage of fiber is that it automatically uses all available space. I would say you have a good idea, but in this particular application, fiber is definately a better choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts