Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn! Just got my new clutch in, and holy crap is it tougher to drive. It seems it engages almost instantly, yet the pedal pressure seems lighter. Is it normal for it to engage so quickly? It's an aftermarket stock replacement, flywheel was machined...geez, I'll need to readjust so I don't look like a fool driving it around :)

BTW, is it bad to slip the clutch at all when I'm breaking it in?

·
Registered
466 Posts
yup, there'san aftermarket clutch for you, especially if you upgraded to a higher performance clutch. you have to admit though, if you were racing every time you started going it'd give you a better start.
also, give it a little time to get broken in, mine eased up a bit later on when i got a new clutch

·
Registered
405 Posts
You might check the adjustment. I've heard of even OE cluthes requiring a major adjustment after replacement.

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply edge! Actually, I've gotten used to it now (or made the clutch bow to me as its sovereign lord and master!)

·
reason for tickets.......
1,039 Posts
You could always try bleeding the clutch fluid...

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
You could possibly have air in your lines. I dont seen why a performance clutch would be easier to push in. Unless something wasn't plugged or installed back in right. Check your fluid level....drain the fluid level refill. Give it around 500 miles to break in which means no hard launches or powershifting.
As far as adjustements it should disengage i believe 1" 3/4" away from the carpet if memory serves me correctly.

Its a hydraulic clutch so it is self adjusting but you can still change it at the firewall.

-Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts