Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I took out the intake and radiator and found out there are several connectors that are not connected to anything... Note that this engine was running with these connectors disconnected but I do want to figure out where they are supposed to go. (this is on a 1994 3000GT SL)

The first one that I would like to know is the left connector shown in the picture below. I know the right one goes to the IAC motor on the throttle body and they are on the same wiring harness.

The second one we have here runs across the plenum from the timing belt side to the throttle body side.

The last one I have here is the connector that is on the same wiring harness as the alternator connections.

Sorry that was a lot, but any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The left connector in first picture, looks to be connector for vehicle speed sensor. The ’94 speed senor should have three wires, 1 Black wire with white stripe, 1 solid Black wire and 1 solid Yellow wire. It would plug into speed sending unit at back side of transmission.
View attachment 303198

Thank you so much for all of the feedback. I will check it out tomorrow and hopefully find the other half of these connectors... I was truly a miracle driving this car back from the seller with all those connections off lol. Proabably gonna find more disconnections along the way too :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You’re welcome for feedback, I’m betting when driving back your oil pressure gauge and speedometer wasn’t working. :unsure::)
Hmmm... Now that's weird... I believe the oil pressure gauge was working when I was driving. It is some digital aftermarket gauge so I'm not sure if that changes the wiring or anything like that. I can confirm that speedometer was actually working BUT the tachometer was not working. Ugh, the previous owners/mechanics really made a mess with the wiring. I am like really really confused right now 😣

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The left connector in first picture, looks to be connector for vehicle speed sensor. The ’94 speed senor should have three wires, 1 Black wire with white stripe, 1 solid Black wire and 1 solid Yellow wire. It would plug into speed sending unit at back side of transmission.
View attachment 303198
I checked the wire this morning and you were right! The connector in the first picture I posted is indeed for the vehicle speed sensor as you said. Somehow the speedometer still worked with that left disconnected... Or maybe I accidentally disconnected when removing the intake o_O

1 - 5 of 5 Posts