Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had any experience repairing the wiring harness that goes thru the firewall back to the rest of the car? i got a used one from M&S recycling and they cut it from the firewall back so now i have to splice most of the wires together. should i just get a whole new harness thats not cut? will it being cut at the firewall damage the performance? any suggestions?

·
1,568 Posts
I do not have experience with replacing the wiring harness, but I do have a couple of thoughts on the subject. Having spent some time under the dash of a Stealth, routing wires, I do not see how you could replace the wiring harness without removing the dash and console. It is a nightmare under there!:eek: I think it would actually be easier to buy a new harness instead of trying to splice all those wires. One bad splice would be hell to find. More importantly you need to find out why the original harness burned up. You have a definite short somewhere that needs to be fixed so you do not burn up the new harness. Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.