Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Spooling.......
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Florida weather has finnaly stopped sucking (and from the looks of it, for awhile ;) ) and its time to DETAIL THE CAR!

The windshield wiper arms paint has chipped and peeled, revealing the metal underneath, and im hoping on being able to remove them, sand them down, then put a good coat of flatblack paint on again that will match the previous paint...

My question is, when you remove the wipers, how tight are the lugs? (do they have actual foot-pounds applied?)
And if i remove the wiper arms, when i go to bolt them back on, will they be mis-alighned because of putting pressure on the bolt?

Any input/past experiences is appreciated... (Probably wont start this till late afternoon anyways....)

·
Spooling.......
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? :confused:
hehe

·
Spooling.......
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean to tell me all the 3/S geniuses out there dont know anything about the windshield wipers on these cars?!!? ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
lug nuts

I just did this recently because I was having the same problem you are. The nuts are not that tight and can be easily taken off and put back on. This is true for both the front and back. Good luck and mine looked a lot better after I did this. Oh and by the way I used flat black rust-o-leum (perfect match).

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Hey, sorry i didn't see the question sooner. I also did mine on my stealth before i sold the car. The nuts came off fairly easily but make sure when you re-attach them, you do it fairly tightly b/c i didn't on one side and the nut moved but the wiper didn't. It was kinda funny. I painted mine silver and it looked great.

·
Spooling.......
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the input...

i didnt have time tonight (because of moonfest, yay)

But ill make sure to start bright and early tommorow...

·
Spooling.......
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ARG!

Ive gotten the bolts off but the windshiled wipers WILL NOT BUDGE!!

Pull and twist and pull as i may, the bastards will not budge!

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a "hidden" bolt or somethin?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Ya, i had trouble for a few minutes when i did mine. It was fairly easy, you have to push down towards ...i don't know the names, i'll draw it
lets say this is the wiper and the circle is where the bolt is
*O=====______
Push down on the first or 2nd equal sign while pulling up on the *

LOL, hope that helps, it actually should.

·
Spooling.......
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol.. ya.. kinda figured out how to by accident..
i was about to give up.. so i pushed down and noticed how to get it up...

thanks for the info...

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
On the topic of windshield wipers our front wiper blades are 20" right? I hope...
Just got some rain-x wipers from walmart... hopefully they're the right size when I go to put them on tomorrow.

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
actually one is 20 and the other is 21...but both being 20 should work.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Damnit I thought it was something like that but I couldn't find anything in my manual... or on this site... or in any of the faqs.
Grr.. should have just asked here heh.

·
stirrin' up truble
725 Posts
MeTrzan said:
actually one is 20 and the other is 21...but both being 20 should work.
My car's previous owner must have changed something. Both my front wipers are 20". And BTW, what wipers do you use? The 1st set I bought were too wide and wouldn't let the assembly flex. I'd have parts of my windshield where it wouldn't wipe. Now I bought Anco N-20s and they're so narrow that they fall out of the assembly! I think I have minor scratching on my glass. :mad:

Yeah this thread is old and crusty. What of it? ;)

·
Spooling.......
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
92es said:
My car's previous owner must have changed something. Both my front wipers are 20". And BTW, what wipers do you use? The 1st set I bought were too wide and wouldn't let the assembly flex. I'd have parts of my windshield where it wouldn't wipe. Now I bought Anco N-20s and they're so narrow that they fall out of the assembly! I think I have minor scratching on my glass. :mad:

Bah, i dont even remember posting about this! lol...

My fronts = 21"/20", no probs..

·
688 Posts
92es said:

I recommend Bosch. PIAA is great too, but about $20 per blade if you can find them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts