Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if anyone knows the availability of OEM windshields these days?

I've searched around here, and I see it discussed in the 2008 timeframe (presumably they're were still obtainable back then), but 12 years later I'm wondering if that's still the case. I'm not in need of one right now, but with how much construction we have going on around Jacksonville, I know it's inevitable -once I get the car off of jack stands that is.

Has anyone had theirs replaced in recent years? Was OEM glass still available? If not, what's the verdict on the aftermarket stuff?

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,248 Posts
Try Glass.net

Also, I found a few used on Egay. Pickup only in varying states...

Bob.

·
Registered
1993 3000GT VR4
2,073 Posts
Ive had my windshield replaced by Safelite twice now, with the most recent time being in 2018 (I believe, may have been very early 2019). Its hard to tell the quality from OEM since my original windshield was so pitted from years of driving that any new windshield looks amazing, but they have held up fine (The first replacement lasted ~7-8 years before a rock hit it and cracked it).

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,248 Posts
I looked on Safelite, and in the Mitsubishi section, the only listed vehicles were Eclipse and Outlander

Bob.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
If anyone has a safelite one please post pics. I was thinking about replacing mine due to pitting, but would be nice to know what to expect...

·
Registered
1993 3000GT VR4
2,073 Posts
What kind of pics are you looking for? Anything specific? Mine is dirty right now but I could give it a quick wash if need be.

·
Registered
1993 3000GT VR4
2,073 Posts
I guess primarily the shaded border. Size, pattern, color...how close to OEM is it?
Its been so long since I have had an OEM windshield that I cant compare it. Mine has always been the gray tint so it isnt super obvious where the shade ends. It seems to be a decently smooth transition though.

Here are two quick photos from the outside, one with and one without the flash, hopefully one of them shows the shade well enough on screen.

(edit: if its nice and sunny out tomorrow I can try and get a picture from inside the car as well)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called my local Mitsu dealership (City Mitsubishi in Jacksonville) and they didn't see any in their system and confirmed that it's been discontinued. Not surprising, but probably worth a call to Cherry Hill to see if they've got any stashed. I called on my way out to lunch and didn't think to ask him if he had a last known list price for it. I'm guessing when the time comes I'll be going the SafeLite route.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had mine replaced by a local body shop for $500 about 6 weeks ago, while it was in for a respray. Non OEM but very pleased with it. The OEM was pitted badly after 26 years.

·
Robotics Engineer
559 Posts
Does anyone make aftermarket door windows? How about rear? Curious.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts