Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Freggin Computer keeps Blue screening me... what is the prob?

***Stop:0X0000000050 (OXF929246D3, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH )
Page_fault_in_nonpaged_Area

*address BECC94B6 bas at BEC89000 Date Stamp 3AC4ddb5- TCPIP.SYS

Begining dump of physical memory

Why's it doing this? My network card bad?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Naw d00d probably bad drivers just uninstall the network card drivers in control panel then reboot and put the disk in and reinstall it should clear up that error... If not go buy another cheapy nic and install it. Linksys is pretty good and can be had for 15 bux.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Weird that you mentioned this, my teacher at school was having the same problem. She installed a new nic and the problem hasn't returned. But I would try hostile's recommendation and see if that helps out some. Also, what OS are you running? NT? Try the card on another computer, if you have access, to see if it does it on that one. Then if it does is obviously the card.
Hope that helps out,
Rich

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I have no clue! I tried going to M$ support site and entering in a combination of the details you listed with no avail. You'd think that you could enter "*address BECC94B6 bas at BEC89000 Date Stamp 3AC4ddb5- TCPIP.SYS" or something similar and it would point you exactly to where you need to go. Evidentally not though! :mad: :(

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey stealth II... read my title "windows 2k help" :)

I've formatted and reinstalled windows a few times, and have called SWB for trouble shooting... their suggestions:

install windows 98 so i can help, i dont know windows 2k

:rolleyes:

I'll try another NIC

·
Registered
402 Posts
TFXP-Zeke01 said:
I have no clue! I tried going to M$ support site and entering in a combination of the details you listed with no avail. You'd think that you could enter "*address BECC94B6 bas at BEC89000 Date Stamp 3AC4ddb5- TCPIP.SYS" or something similar and it would point you exactly to where you need to go. Evidentally not though! :mad: :(
You might have the specifics for the error but that doesn't meen Windows generated it - it could be a 3rd party driver (as suggested above) or other piece of software - that's why MS might not have specifics on it.

Lee

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Oh yeah, shoot, my bad. I don't read very well :D Yeah, try another NIC card is my suggestion. Let me know the outcome.
Rich

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
It is either your NIC or your TCP/IP stack. Either way, it is probably driver based and you only need to reinstall. (Try a different NIC, though).

·
Registered
180 Posts
w2k Help

Before you buy a new NIC card there are a few things you can try, here's one.

First of all 2000 is plug and play and will detect most new hardware installed on the computer. Check the driver name and make sure it is the correct manufacture. If not, re-install with the driver supplied by the manufacture of the NIC card you are using.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts