Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the window trim?

I want to replace:
1. The "fake" window behind both passenger/drive windows
2. The trim piece running along the bottom of the window
3. The rubber molding along the top of window
4. The small black traingular trim piece at the front of the window (towards front of car)

Just wondering if anyone has replaced these, and what all I need to replace them other than those pieces themselves? Please refer to the attachment for a better idea of what I'm talking about. Thanks guys.

.jon

Attachments

·
Blingin' Board User
208 Posts
I just painstakingly brought my original's back to life. After about an hour of work and blood, they don't look new, but they look about 85% better than when I got my car. Reply back and I'll write out how to do it if you're interested.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I replaced the fake windows with the 99 version. My next project is to replace the rubber strip underneith the window. Mine has a rip and is faded. I think you can get the weather striping for $30 a peice Part# MR153920 ( 94' )

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mitsu3kGTsl said:
I just painstakingly brought my original's back to life. After about an hour of work and blood, they don't look new, but they look about 85% better than when I got my car. Reply back and I'll write out how to do it if you're interested.
i'd be very interested, thanks!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EXRPilot said:
I replaced the fake windows with the 99 version. My next project is to replace the rubber strip underneith the window. Mine has a rip and is faded. I think you can get the weather striping for $30 a peice Part# MR153920 ( 94' )
Hmm - wonder if its the same part? I'm having a hell of a time looking this stuff up in WINCAPS. Can anyone look up the parts necessary to replace the fake-windows and the lower window trim for a 1993 base. I'm gonna look again right now. If I find it i'll post it in case anyone else is interested. thanks guys

.jon

·
Registered
629 Posts
jon3k said:

Hmm - wonder if its the same part? I'm having a hell of a time looking this stuff up in WINCAPS. Can anyone look up the parts necessary to replace the fake-windows and the lower window trim for a 1993 base. I'm gonna look again right now. If I find it i'll post it in case anyone else is interested. thanks guys

.jon
Just give me your vin and what you want and I'll look it up for you.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
much appreciated - i'll get my vin for you and pm you tonight.

.jon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts