Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so like many others my driver side window regulator went out. replaced it with a different one and now my window won't seal completely when its all the way up. already checked to see if the stopper was at fault i took it out and its the same issue. the side towards the front and the top of the window is sealed its the side towards the back of the car that is unsealed and i can stick my key between the window and the rubber piece. any suggestions?

·
Registered
458 Posts
so like many others my driver side window regulator went out. replaced it with a different one and now my window won't seal completely when its all the way up. already checked to see if the stopper was at fault i took it out and its the same issue. the side towards the front and the top of the window is sealed its the side towards the back of the car that is unsealed and i can stick my key between the window and the rubber piece. any suggestions?
I did this about 10 years ago and i am pretty sure there is an adjustment that determines how high the window will go when fully rolled up... you may just need to take the door panel off and change that so it travels far enough up.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Is your replacement aftermarket or OEM?

I'm having a similar issue with an aftermarket one and haven't had time to mess with it yet, I just pull up on the window as I press the switch till it reaches the top to get me by for now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts