Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
VR-4 or Bust
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to adjust the angle of the window when it is up? I know there are nubs on the roof by the weather strip that holds the window in place while it is up but when I roll my window up it goes to the outside of it a leaves a significant gap.

·
Ferrari Nut
2,675 Posts
When the window regulator bracket(the part that holds the window up) starts to break, crack or go bad, it usually throws the entire window out of whack. You get open gaps or shifty angles where the largest side seals up, but the short part of the glass doesn't.
At that point, it's best to just buy a brand new window regulator. I've gone through a few of these already, my first mistake was buying them used. It's best to juts buy them brand new and be done with it, the difference is significant.

You'll note there are little fuzzy window buffers inside the door, they do not control the angle, only help guide and support the window.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
You'll note there are little fuzzy window buffers inside the door, they do not control the angle, only help guide and support the window.
And scratch the glass when they get old and dirty!.

·
Registered
534 Posts
so is there any adjustments ,my regulator isnt broke ,probably wore ,but its going up to far i moved one of the stops as far up as i could

·
VR-4 or Bust
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just fixed mine the other day. What do you mean it goes too far up? Over the nubs (I still don't know what they're called) like mine were?

·
-Turb
2,213 Posts
I just fixed mine the other day. What do you mean it goes too far up? Over the nubs (I still don't know what they're called) like mine were?
Fixed as in the inital problem is solved or fixed as in you put in new window regulators?

If the first one what did you do?

·
VR-4 or Bust
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fixed as in the initial problem. There are two, bolts it guess you'd call them (it's a nut with a hex slotted screw), on the upper rear corner of the door. I rolled the window down, loosened up the nuts and turned the screw outward (clockwise) until they lined up with the top of the nuts, tightened the nuts back up and the window sat much further in than it had before.

·
Registered
534 Posts
my window actually goes to far up .it rides above the seal on the A pillar cover. i found a rubber catch on the window itself and moved it as far up as i could . i saw those nubs i thought they just kept the window centered in the door :i'll look again tommorrow

1 - 11 of 11 Posts