Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
well I belive there is no where for the front air damn on a 99 front end, so youd have to find a way to rig the motor up, OR you could make a circuit to mimic it.

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
some kind of setup

it would take a custom setup few or no one has come up with as of yet....you need the front motor to think its working for the rear to work....some kind of resistence needs to be put on the front motor. The front aero pan is out of the question but the rear could work if you set something up....

·
Registered
112 Posts
i was wondering besides the spoiler is there any other part of the aero that moves? also if i were to take out the active aero motor and the spoiler how much would it shave off?

·
Un-Stocked
776 Posts
the active aero also drops down a piece in the front... under the car obviously but still.. if you look under the car you can see it up in there... but it folds down as well as the spoiler angling.. and i dont think you will shave that much off.. it will be some.. but nothing huge.. i also do not know how much the spoiler wayz though.

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
wouldn't really recommend

I wouldn't really recommend taking off the spoiler, it would adversely affect the looks a lot. The active aero motor/hardware on both front and back, with the front aero pan and hardware probably weighs in at 30+ lbs. The front pan and mounting hardware is significant.

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
30 pounds significant

i meant it in terms of weight, not functionality, but I guess without the front pan I don't know of anyone who could get the active aero to work.

and the 30 pounds didn't include the spoiler.

My weight reduction mods are:

no spare tire
no jack
removed front active aero kit (motor and pan)

I was thinking of removing the rear seats because they're pretty much useless anyway, I'd just want to be sure it looked nice when I was done.

·
Un-Stocked
776 Posts
Re: wouldn't really recommend

VR-4Maniac said:
I wouldn't really recommend taking off the spoiler, it would adversely affect the looks a lot. The active aero motor/hardware on both front and back, with the front aero pan and hardware probably weighs in at 30+ lbs. The front pan and mounting hardware is significant.
wow.. no shit? i didnt think it was that much weight. man i really need to have my car b4 i start posting info... (sry for the mislead) my active aero doesnt work either.. should i spend the money and get a new motor for it? or should i just take it off.. i just want it to wave with the spoiler.. lol... go find some ricers... wave goodbye and take off :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts