Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
The 2.5" is for the TT , the 2.25" is for the NA , I would sell you mine but its on the car parked in storage for the winter , I have an NA and it doesn't fit right , they sold me the 2.5"

·
*****DEMIGOD****
5,664 Posts
yeah i have one....its cool and all but the company forgot to send me the bolts and gaskets that they said would come with it....after they got their money they kinda forgot all about me if you know what i mean....look on ebay too....seen them go off for around 50-60 bucks at times....

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
i have heard that they dont send all the parts with the test pipes or they send the wrong one..... i will not do business with them

my 2 cents

·
Booooossstt
6,788 Posts
I bought my 2.5 inch setup from testpipe.com (mines a tt) and I recieved everything needed and promptly and I even had 15 dollars shaved off the price thanks to tyspeedperformance.com! Great service only tough part was talkin to the lady on the phone b/c she wasnt very good with english...
sean

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered mine from their site, it just said Thankyou for your order, but it didn't email me or anything. I ordered it thursday (thanksgiving) so I'm guessing if it's reasonable service it should be here sometime between monday and wednesday...

·
Boost Leak Veteran
1,454 Posts
Odin

Odin, can you do me a favor? When you get it could you measure the diameter of the hole for me to see if its exactly 2.5 inches? Also when you put the 2.5 gasket on can you tell me if it lines up with the pipe like in the following picture:
Picture Of My Test Pipe Overlapping
If oyu order new gaskets from the dealer be carefull because they kept giving me 2.25 N/A gaskets, I was never able to find hte part number for the 2..5 inch gaskets so I had to re-use my old ones....
-Thanks!

·
Boost Leak Veteran
1,454 Posts

·
Booooossstt
6,788 Posts
Jagvr4 - You didn't direct the question to me but I thought i'd give you my experience.

I measured the test pipe upon arrival and the actual diameter was 2.5 inches and it had flared ends on it so it did not require any gaskets at all. I installed the test pipe and just tightened it up and have not had a SINGLE exhaust leak at all!
sean

·
Boost Leak Veteran
1,454 Posts
Arg! hehe

Internexus said:
Jagvr4 - You didn't direct the question to me but I thought i'd give you my experience.

I measured the test pipe upon arrival and the actual diameter was 2.5 inches and it had flared ends on it so it did not require any gaskets at all. I installed the test pipe and just tightened it up and have not had a SINGLE exhaust leak at all!
sean
See mine wasn't exactly 2.5 inches, it was like 2.35-2.4! I still think they ripped me on it lol. Was yours easily 2.5 (like measured 2.5 right on with no 2.45 or anything)? This sucks! lol Guess ill just buy a stillen DP! lol

·
Booooossstt
6,788 Posts
I can't remember precisely but I am pretty sure that it was 2.5inches across at the actual hole and then it was a lil bit bigger on the edges b/c it was flared. Mine said "2.5 300gt" on th side of it to so if you got a smaller one then you need to contact them and tell them you recieved the wrong one! Can't just ditch 45 dollars like that!
sean

·
Boost Leak Veteran
1,454 Posts
Internexus said:
I can't remember precisely but I am pretty sure that it was 2.5inches across at the actual hole and then it was a lil bit bigger on the edges b/c it was flared. Mine said "2.5 300gt" on th side of it to so if you got a smaller one then you need to contact them and tell them you recieved the wrong one! Can't just ditch 45 dollars like that!
sean
Well I got this like a month and a half ago and I detrmined at the time that it was the right one (at the time I guess I was excited and put it on the car without thinking). So they wouldn't take it back since I already used it (which is understandable). Ive learned now not to get overly excited when a mod comes in and to check for things like that. Ill probably just clean this one out and sell it to an N/A member for cheap and order a new one. Still I hate to think about that wasted $45! lol Was yours from Testpipe.com?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts