Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Trogdor strikes again!
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've reached the point where I can't do much else besides upgrade the fuel and turbos. The turbos will probably be in the spring...will the stock turbos benefit larger injectors and a higher flow pump? (with air/fuel management, like an SAFC). Here's my short list of mods:

K&N FIPK
single shot Magnaflow 3" exhaust
no cats
MBC (15psi)
Air/Fuel/Boost Gauges

I don't plan on going higher than 13Gs, so I'm thinking 550 injectors...anyway, just wondering if I would see any benefit still using the 9Bs. Thanks,

chris

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
YES! with more fuel and an AFC you can turn up the boost on your stock turbos without knock and milk some more power out of the tiny 9bs. You will probably want to get a datalogger at this point to check and see how high you can go without knock.

·
Trogdor strikes again!
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...Oh, I didn't mention that I haven't re-gapped my plugs..should be whatever the NGK plats come in stock....I'm not running too rich or too lean yet, but just thought I'd throw that out..

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
yep... 15psi is stronger with upgraded fuel than 15psi on stock fuel. downpipe does a lot, too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.