Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if I change my springs if it will disable the ECS in some way?And also I want to know wat are the best springs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
perfect and what springs you would recommend?I would prefer the best has for handling not for lowering.

·
Senior Fanatic
6,011 Posts
Changing springs *could* disable the ECS if you fail to re-connect the electrical connector atop each shock. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so u say eibach would be the best?and wat is it when u put them on sport.....how hard the suspension is?

·
*Insert Evil Laughter*
3,141 Posts
I cannot.. or will not... endorse Eibachs because since they have been installed I have had creaking noises that might or might not be related to the product..
maybe from improper install..
maybe just bacause things are more stiff back there now and need some lube.. but that doesn't make sense...
maybe the strut bearings.. who knows,
also a weeeee bit bouncy which I despise...

The drop is to my liking though.. not too much. The sport mode would be great at the track... so would the tour though. I only use sport for a tight corner... or a perfectly paved twisty road, or for a drag straight run to keep the nose down at shifting. I am not against Eibachs.. but I am not for them either... not until that friggin noise is gone. Then I might put the sticker under the hood.. but not before ;) And frankly.. I don't think it handles any better than the original sport mode.. but it took a while to get mine alligned so I may not have a good comparison memory if you know what I mean.. hope this helps

Not sure what your other options would be while keeping the ECS though

·
just some guy.
2,573 Posts
my eibach springs didn't feel much different than my factory springs as far as ride quality in both of the suspension modes. my car look sbetter with them 'though, and it creaks a bit, but fo rsome reason, the creakign wasnt' as bad when I installed the rear tie bar. wierd eh?

·
Senior Fanatic
6,011 Posts
What spring rates did you two guys use? That should make a big difference. I find my setup (Ground Control kit with Eibach springs) a little bouncy in Tour mode if the road has bumps or "little mounds". On Sport mode it's great! I have 500 lb/in front and 200 lb/in rear. I have no idea if this is what I should have installed or not. I am not very experienced in suspensions.

http://www.stealth316.com/2-gc-springs.htm

·
*Insert Evil Laughter*
3,141 Posts
I don't think you have a choice with the prokit... at least if you do, I wasn't informed of it. I bounce a lot more in sport on the freeway, so I leave it in tour most of the time.... I hate that bounce... reminds me of rice. *cringe*

ps... Jeff, I didn't think there was ANYTHING to do with these cars you are NOT experienced in ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.