Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3sx downpipe has recently rusted out, and I have gotten quite used to the louder than stock sound so I have purchased a highflow cat and the Tanabe knockoff system, the M2 which includes the front precat delete, downpipe, straight pipe, and catback.

I have reservations on running one precat and one deleted precat just for the sake of keeping the flow of exhaust even so I would want them to replace both precats.

My problem is I don't have a safe for me way of getting underneath the car and doing this myself so I have to opt to have a shop install this system. My car is also at the shop for inspection so I am afraid of the issues that may come up if I try and have this shop install the front and rear precat deletes, but I already will have the parts to do it; just not the ability. I hate not being able to work under the car, I am so used to doing all my mechanical work on my bikes, but have to hand the 3000gt over 'cause I am not safe under there where I live; I have tried.

I am thinking of just handing the whole system from precats to catback all bolted together and just asking them to install the whole system, highflow cat and all.

I have a 93 vr4 and live in PA for reference.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, most shops will not do it. Performance shops tend to not care. But technically its tampering with federal emissions parts or some jargain.
Appreciate the response. I'll have to search around for somewhere nearby that would be willing to put in the precats for me. I wonder if the shop I'm at now will give me any issues replacing my cat with this highflow cat from 3sx as well.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Go to a small independent shop, offer cash no receipt. Money talks lol

·
Registered
357 Posts
My best friends call me cash

1 - 7 of 7 Posts