Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 stealth. I tried looking for a body kit on ebay for it, but found nothing. Allthough I did find a lot of 91-94 3000gt body kits. If I got a first gen 3000gt body kit, will it fit on my 92 stealth??

Thanks,
Donald

·
Registered
503 Posts
Even if it did fit, why would you want it? They all look like crap to me.

·
Registered
642 Posts
yea, it will fit. only thing is u will have to cut some off behind it so it doesnt hit on the crash bar. but u will need the turn signals off a 300gt. also the frame right where the turn signals go will have to be cut or grinded off so it goes in.

·
Registered
642 Posts
on an RT, i believe the only other thing that has to be done is a 3 inch piece of fiberglass on the back so that it comes up to the taillights. on the ES. the only trimming is on the edge of the taillight. like how it has a point.. it has to be rounded since the 3kgts are like that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought a body kit from www.fatboygarage.com on ebay. They told me that I needed to do a little modifying for it to fit my Stealth R/T, but that I didn't need any other parts. I paid $280 for it. I haven't received it yet.

The reason I bought a body kit is because my bumper cover was damaged. As much as I wanted an 89 nose, the price difference was HUGE.

Ted

·
Invisible
2,076 Posts
RTTTTed said:
I bought a body kit from www.fatboygarage.com on ebay. They told me that I needed to do a little modifying for it to fit my Stealth R/T, but that I didn't need any other parts. I paid $280 for it. I haven't received it yet.

The reason I bought a body kit is because my bumper cover was damaged. As much as I wanted an 89 nose, the price difference was HUGE.

Ted
To make the rear bumper fit, you will have to move the lip that holds the rear bumper down a little. Then you need to cut off the top piece of your old bumper and attach it to the new one, as the new one is meant for a 3kgt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts