Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the widdest rims I cant put on my Stealth RT-TT????
And is there overfenders I can buy somewhere?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so I got a simple question and nobody here can answer it?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do u think I could put 9.5 or better, 10 inch wheels?
I could go in the 300 wide tires...wich is wat I would basically like

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would want some answers soon as im getting plans on what wheels im gonna get.....

·
just some guy.
2,573 Posts
I think 9.5 is the widest you can go in teh front without the wheels sticking out of the fenders. I think there are a few japanese companies that make widebody/fender flair stuff, but I dont' think it is over the counter stuff at most places.

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
The widest rims on TT was 9.5 inch.
For front, max size of the tire would be 275.

Always remember, if you are trying to put different size in front and back, you have to have the same or similar circumference.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah I know I have to keep same circumference...I think ill go with the new center line wheels...the 18inch ones that weight 11lbs would be good with something like 9.5 widht ill probably take

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
Does anyone actually have 9.5" rims on the front? I don't think I've ever seen anyone post that they have em.

For a 9.5" rim on the front offset would have to be +36mm minimum to clear the strut. +34mm would probably be better because it would give the tire more room to "bulge" and not contact the strut.

You can go pretty damn nuts in the back. I don't have any solid data but i bet if you played around you could get some really wide rims/tires back there.

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
Some members use 8.5" fronts and 9.5" rears. Our cars will look badass w/ 13" rears and 9" fronts. B/c of our AWD design, I just use 9" w/ 265mm for all corners.

Black94VR4

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My chose is almost made...9.5 up front and 10 in the rear...now for tires what would be the best width?285 front 300 rear?

·
VT Hokie Fan
2,371 Posts
WHAT?

StealthQuebecer said:
yeah I know I have to keep same circumference...I think ill go with the new center line wheels...the 18inch ones that weight 11lbs would be good with something like 9.5 widht ill probably take
Did you say 18 x 9.5s that weigh 11lbs!?! I didn't know metallic hydrogen could be shaped into wheels :D ~ But really, where the hell did you see that?

Also - even the 700+ bhp cars run 9 or 9.5 inch rims ~ aside from looks, why do you want these - is there any special need??

You don't happen to know Dark Devil do ya?!? :D He said he had 17 inch rims in the back, no not 17 by xxx, they were dubs, 20 x 17s really! And they only weighed 13 lbs - custom molded out of lithium, - but they cost their weight in cocaine!!! :eek: He was a freak about weight reduction ~ but he had to be the first VR4 to run high-8s @ 170 mph on pump gas & winter tires

But then again he also had nitrous directly injected into the downpipe ~ bypass that stupid combustion chamber for the full effect! And a 20g turbo for each cylinder - bone stock fuel system off a Supra and bottom end off a Civic Si to handle all that power! + A front mount air-intake, a venom 400, Nology spark plug wires and the fuel mizer inline fuel magnet to align the fuel molecules!

:D - j/k ~ that guy is the resident bullshitter - also in Quebec.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
remember ...our Viscous couplings are known to burn up due to huge sized wheels.

we've only seen it due to different size packages on the front and the rear.. point is to try to keep the same all the way around..and ive never heard of anyone more than 9.5 in rear. i thought AA guys has 9 front and 9.5 rear...

I could be wrong, but also (I) living in michigan i wouldn't want anything thing but a little over 245's with our damn roads.

·
Registered
477 Posts
flash back...

So as long as they maintain the same circumference I could stick with a 16/17" X 9-9.5" front and (staying with the example) 16/17" X 13" on the back with no issues? Even with the AWS? I mean, I know the rear only turns about 3-5* (and is nearly useless as far as what I've been told), but will it cause rubbing at that width? I think some nice fat classic muscle car style meats would look wicked on the rear of a 3s! But hey, that's just one mans weird little fixation...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if I remember the centerline wheels are new rotary forged and the one that weight 11.39lbs if I remember we're 18x8(not sure of width)...there all new design and u can go see them on www.overboost.com look in the past events and in SEMA day 1

·
Registered
322 Posts
wow!!! who could have thought a simple magnet could improve fuel efficiency 20%??? I'm throwing my knowledge of physics and all common sense away and buying a FuelMiser XL!!!!

I don't get it, they have a shitty website, poorly written text, absurd product, but people buy it?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Ok, how about this. 18x8.5's in the front with a 245/40 BFG KD. Tire diameter 25.7", then go with a 17x11 in the rear and run a 315/35 BFG KD also with a 25.7" diameter. No VCU problems and plenty of rubber for the road!

Or if you stick with a 17 in front as well you could run a 17x9 rim with a 275/40 BFG with a 25.7" diameter.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.