Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Resident rocket scientist
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around the forum for a cheap exhaust mod, and the Wicked exhaust seems to appeal to me most. I've heard it described as sounding like a Mustang GT 4.6 L down in low RPM, and a Ferarri up in top RPM.

I did a search to try and find some sound clips of the exhaust, but the only one I could find was the one where the exhaust was unbolted to the premuffler.

Does anybody have any clips of their complete wicked exhuast setup?

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
i'm not really sure what you mean by "wicked" exhaust. Do you mean just running an open front pipe, as the "famous" wickeddrew has been doin for a while? if thats what you're talking about do a search for the user "powelsound" and in the subject/keyword area search for wicked drew. That should narrow down the search a bit. They made a few videos a while back, I'll look around on my computer, I should have them. If i do i'll post it. Till then look for the videos, you can hear the exhaust fairly well. They have it from inside the car, outside the car, low/high rpms, drive bys, ect.

Matt

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
mits_man_03_ said:
i have a bad ass movie for ya

is this the movie that you are sending me now, to host?

Matt

·
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry I was a little broad on the subject. The one I'm talking about is the Premuffler-back exhaust that evolved from the wicked exhaust mod....where you unbolt the main exhaust all the way to the flange, and then do straight piping...does anyone have sound clips of this? I figured it might sound a little different once you put piping on instead of just letting it come out of the premuffler...

That exhaust with an open frontpipe sounds sweet though...

·
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you still have on the premuffler?

·
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahh no mufflers eh? That's gotta be SUPA loud, but I gotta hear this...

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
thats not my car, it's drews. All you gotta do is take off your exhaust.:p unless i'm wrong, drew was runnin an open front pipe, no cat, no catback.

Matt

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
mits_man_03_ said:
ya matt can u host it and put it up here

I got the sound...the video's all fucked up, and it's 5mb for a 20 second sound clip:p sure.

att

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
The "wicked exhaust" consists of removing the muffler and either replacing it with a section of pipe, or just leaving the premuffler open underneath the car. Those vids are of the "hard-core exhaust", which is an open front pipe.

The complete and incomplete versions of the wicked exhaust sound the same as long as you use a non-resonated tip, and at least 2.5" piping. The only difference is, once the exhaust is piped back to the rear bumper it's 2 times quieter than the open premuffler.

·
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mits_man - dude that exhaust is LOUD...how do you put up with that every day?

Drew - Thanks for the info...I wasn't too sure on the difference of sound with an open premuffler and one with straight pipes to the back. I don't want my exhaust to be too loud so I'm not concerned with it being quieter than an open premuffler.

BTW, I've seen all those vids of the open frontpipe. Dude, you're a frickin genius. That exhaust sounds nice.

·
The Voice of Reason
2,023 Posts
Two videos on the page that I've linked to in my sig. Neither of them are mine :)

Right-click and save, por favor :)

·
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep, those two vids are the ones I've heard of the unbolted premuffler, and if it sounds like that after putting the custom piping on, even if it's a little quieter, then I'm definitely doing it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.