Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Drew remember we were talkin about my engine build and different nitrous systems for my Diamante? Well I decided to use the Direct Port NX system, like 150-200 shot with straight race gas. Also I have 2.5 inch straight piping for my exhaust with muffler and I agree with you about running no exhaust but what do you think about me running 3 inch exhaust? That would be better or closer to running no exhaust, correct? I also have the equal length headers from RPW.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
2.75" or 3" would be best for such a high output engine. You've gotta move all that exaust that the nitrous creates. Where did you get the headers and how much were they?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The headers I ordered through Vision Imports who is the FL (I live in Palm Beach County) dealer for RPW parts from Australia. They had a set sitting around and charged me like 400 somethin and like another $70-$100(cant remember) to have them chrome coated with the jet finish to trap the heat. I also ordered my longer duration cams and cam gears through them. I have valve springs, and a FPR on the way.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I'm also sending my crank and rods to RPW to be restroked for more displacement. Whats the maximum over bore I can use with such high shots of nitrous? Someone was saying just boring alone we can go to 3.4 L. That seems a bit too much to me. But if I can bore it to like 3.3 L and then stroke it another .2. That would be 3.5 L which would give me monstrous torque.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Go .075 over and that would give you 3.1L (3100cc as opposed to 2972cc stock). Get forged pistons and make sure the rods are destressed. Does the block have to be machined to accept the stroker crank?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yes I was told by RPW that the maximum displacement could be safely brought to 3.3 L. The boring would bring me to 3100cc and with stroking that would be another 200cc, so 3300 cc all together. I dont' know about machining the block but what I do know is that RPW will shot peen and crack test the rods, then they will be polished and neutral balanced. The info on the site states that this is only done after the big end bearing journal is checked for ovality and then remachined, fitted with ARP bolt kits and onlt then completely neutral balanced. It says that depending upon application the rods will also be converted to fully floating rods. And the crankshaft will get knife edged and balanced, and reground on the big end and main journals, restroked, lightened, knife edge the counterweights, and nitrate all the crankshaft ground journals.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Sounds good. PM me with some pricing info when you get it, along with any other info you have on the stroking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.