Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a 94 R/T. I want it to be faster. So i need some modification help. It is really fast in 1st gear but if i start in second it only picks up once i hit 4000 rpms. And so on in the following gears. First gear is the only gear that gives me full power throughout. maybe our cars are designed like this but i need some suggestions about more mods that i should get. I have a few in my sig. Thanks guys

·
is dominating the race!
7,527 Posts
swap in a SOHC if you want more power below 4000 ;) we're fearsome in the lower rpms.....

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Nitrous

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
What all have you done to your exhaust? You said you have a R/T. You mean a N/A or a TT? If you have an N/A and have removed too many rescritions in the exhaust, you will loose too much backpressure, and will only get that pressure back after you reach higer RPM.

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nah i'm not going for nitrous. And yes i have an R/T N/A. My exhaust is just the muffler. I don't have a downpipe and i have all my cats. I thought about gutting them but i hear that you lose low end torque so i didn't do it. Any mod ideas besides nos would be appreciated ;)

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Powelsound: i think i know what i can do to solve this. How about you just GIVE me your ws6 and i'll give you my R/T. Then i proceed to buy a TT and mod it :D sweet car man

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
Get an RPSII and Fidanza flywheel. Brian got that on his SL and man his car PULLS, even before 2000 RPM. Enough to beat his friend's '97 GSX. :D

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Speeyuk: well i already have a dual friction racing clutch in. So should i just get the fidanza flywheel?? By the way thanks for helping out.

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ttt

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
I think the flywheel will help a lot, but you may want to wait till it's time for a new clutch. The Fidanza is MUCH lighter than the stock flywheel, and thus allows moer power to actually get to the ground. I can also tell you how to make a cheap, or more professional true cold-air intake which as the only mods on my buddy's SL, helped him run a 14.7 here in Tulsa.

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks speeyuk, that would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
First of all.. your name is Firestorm TT, and you drive a n/a.. umm why? Did you swap on the Twin Turbo badges on the side or something?
And second, if you want to make your car fast, first put it in the classifieds, sell it, buy a vr4....
The only true way to make a n/a fast, fast.

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
RacerRT said:
First of all.. your name is Firestorm TT, and you drive a n/a.. umm why? Did you swap on the Twin Turbo badges on the side or something?
And second, if you want to make your car fast, first put it in the classifieds, sell it, buy a vr4....
The only true way to make a n/a fast, fast.

Are you flamming on the N/As? I see how it is. Wait till I get my supercharger and blower, and we'l see who's not fast ;x

·
Registered
678 Posts
supercharger AND blower? please fill me in. as for fast FWD's, we have a whole slew of them in developement as we speak (mine for example should be done by the end of the year) , that should give anything shy of a BPU TT an unpleasant surprise.

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
I think the guys that doubt the N/A's will soon have an awakening.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Yea.. yea.. yea....
I'm bpu.. bolt on right? well.. everything I have is bolt on..
I'm sure you are really are gonna be faster then all the bullshit that is said.. uhmm.. yea.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Start with the easy stuff and work your way up. Like exhaust, intake, udp's. Than go for A new Ported Intake Manifold with the conned out Trottle Body. New flywheel and clutch. Than go for the big boys like the SuperCharger or the Turbo setup. Or the easiest thing would be to by a VR-4 but I cant afford the insurance so that option goes right out the window. ;)

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
4u2nv: Thanks for some real help on my topic. I think i might look into a knight supercharger. And i definately need an udp, i heard they really work.

As for you RacerRT. Don't go saying ignorant things about N/A's. Your saying that a car with base horsepower of 222 can't be made fast. Hmm :rolleyes: If your not gonna help me out with my thread then don't waste space flaming me.

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
forgot to explain my name

RacerRT: I tell this to a lot of people on here that ask me that. No i don't have a twin turbo. And no i didn't do anything dumb like putting twin turbo badging on. When i made the name up i was just about to buy a twin turbo but it fell through due to money problems...yada yada yada so i bought a non turbo.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts