Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks just like the HKS SSQV, but I didn't install it and have no idea if it is the real deal or a knock off. It is located in front of my right front tire on my FMIC piping. It has the srew in the back (old school). Not sure why it is quiet tho? Anyone know why? Me and mywetdream are going to move it to the top of the engine bay where the valva stem is(about 12 inches from the TB).

So why on earth is it so quiet? Knock off or not it should still scream right? Or is the current location prohibiting it from this?

Please guys give me some answers. I dont want to go buy another one if I dont have to. I already have 3 vehicles (91 Vr4, my 00 silverado, and my wifes 05' E320 Benz) and she is making me conserve our money. Plus I am getting my jet ski back from the shop , just put on new boysen carbon fiber racing reeds and a new stainless steel dynaflow prop. I have 2 ski(wife and mine). Best thing in the summer to do at the resivoir.

But please help me with this BOV question?

Sin

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It says 14 psi on my boost gauge. I have a stock guage and I believe i have rebuilt 9b's. According to the guy I bought them from. How do I get more boost?

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you get boost gauges from like checkers or autozone or no?

·
Likes to eat cheeseburger
637 Posts
is the fin still in the blow off valve.
i tried my hks without the fin once and it was silent (but deadly)
yeah, it was quiet without the fin.
so check to see if you got a fin in there.

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is the fin still in the blow off valve.
i tried my hks without the fin once and it was silent (but deadly)
yeah, it was quiet without the fin.
so check to see if you got a fin in there.
You got a pic of this illusive fin? I honestly have no idea what it is or looks like.

·
Breaks everything
9,937 Posts
Sooo..your wondering why you cant hear your BOV thats about 6 feet away from you all the way down on the front if your car?

Jason

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sooo..your wondering why you cant hear your BOV thats about 6 feet away from you all the way down on the front if your car?

Jason
Dude, i've heard conflicting reports about the distance. I heard its pressurized the entire distance no matter where the bov is located and I also heard 18in is the max from the throttle body.

Thats y I'm asking? Sorry dont know everything........yet ;)

·
Breaks everything
9,937 Posts
Im referring to your physical capability in hearing it. Not wether or not its working, due to its location.

What insert does it have? My old SSQ with the purple instert was very loud. But i grew out of it quickly.

Jason

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im referring to your physical capability in hearing it. Not wether or not its working, due to its location.

What insert does it have? My old SSQ with the purple instert was very loud. But i grew out of it quickly.

Jason
I know im noobish to this and I apologize, insert is what exactly, tell me once by the way and i will remember always. My friends say they can hear it barely and sometimes. It is all silver if that helps. I havent had a good look at it cause it is hidden.

·
Breaks everything
9,937 Posts
At the *tip* of the BOV

See the purple thing in there. Thats the insert.

Jason

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the bov looks exactly the same but because of the angle and the location havent been able to see inside where the insert is. hmmm

·
Breaks everything
9,937 Posts
If its an authentic HKS unit, thats the standard insert.

Come to think of it, i think thats the HKS BOV lacking an insert. So this *instert* term may throw some people, including myself. heh...

Jason

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So, no one has really answered my question yet. Is the distance a factor? Or is it not? Is my BOV malfunctioning? Hmm

·
Registered
278 Posts
are you shifting before it spools? like at low rpms?

i run an n/a so sorry if im wrong but i would assume youd have to run ur rpms high to spool high boost and because of the psi being high its released out and you hear "CCKKSHHHH" lol
my .02

·
...550WHP Club...
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
are you shifting before it spools? like at low rpms?

i run an n/a so sorry if im wrong but i would assume youd have to run ur rpms high to spool high boost and because of the psi being high its released out and you hear "CCKKSHHHH" lol
my .02
lol. ^^ i have driven the tits off it (once ;)) and nothing. Still not answering my question guys!!!

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
So, no one has really answered my question yet. Is the distance a factor? Or is it not? Is my BOV malfunctioning? Hmm
I have my BOV at the same spot as yours and it sounds the exact same(loud and annoying as shit) as when I had it in the stock location.

Although i do get some serious fluttering in its current location distance is no factor.

If anything it is louder to me now.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts