Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unless I'm mistaken I've never heard of Dodge putting out a convertible version of the Stealth. Is there a reason for this?

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
They had a hard enough time selling the fixed roof models. Seeing as the model was all but finished as of 95, I guess they just couldn't justify the costs of building and selling Stealth Spyders. Several custom builders built cloth top convertible Stealths during the 1st gen run, but those had nothing to do with Dodge or Mitsubishi.

·
Member# 2310
2,638 Posts
just a guess but.

Maybe because it cost so much to strengthen the frame to put in a convertible. Isn't the Straman convertible $10,000? I don't think anyone would have paid an extra 10 grand for a convertible.

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
The premium was closer to 30 grand for the hardtop Spyders. Straman did the cloth tops for roughly 14k. Had Dodge contracted someone like ASC to do a cloth roof (they do a lot of the OEM cloth top convertibles) It probably wouldn't have been much more than the fixed roof due to production volume. But again, was there really demand? Like I said, they could barely sell the models they had.

·
The gloves are now off
1,508 Posts
Because Stealths are gay!:p :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts