Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big display of U.S. flags for sale at Costco. Sign on top says "limit 10 per person".

Telling a Canadian he can't buy more than ten Canadian flags is as necessary as telling a child he can't have any more liver and onions.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
244 Posts
Andrew Caple said:
Big display of U.S. flags for sale at Costco. Sign on top says "limit 10 per person".
how about this andrew?? you quickly take that 10 flag you buy and sell them in the wal-mart parking lot where all the flags are sold out for 3x of the price to some dudes drive big suvs which only run 12 mpg.

american patriotism impress canadian.
american capitalism impress canadian more.:D :D :D
 

·
Proud Owner
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
When I went down to Nopi the same week as the tragedy, I lost count of how many flags I saw. Police officers, firemen, citizens everywhere in the streets were taking donations for the afflicted in New York. I rarely saw someone NOT donating something. It was an amazing sight. You rarely see such a display of unity and patriotism.
I found new respect for americans that weekend.

JR
 

·
Retired
Joined
·
12,235 Posts
I have been flying a flag on my house since august. My flagpole broke the beginning of october. I went to every store in town but could not find a flagpole. So now I am flying her high with my homemade pvc pipe flagpole.

When I lived in orlando, it was very rare to see an american flag. Mostly were puerto rico flags. Here in NC, I swear every car and every other house has one. It's great. I wonder if the US flag count has gone up in orlando since 9/11?
 

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
Joined
·
3,129 Posts
All I want is a measley 6 foot pole to put my flag ON. The last one got taken down by a bad wind storm and I can't find one ANYWHERE!.
 

·
Member# 2310
Joined
·
2,638 Posts
matt92vr4 said:
When I lived in orlando, it was very rare to see an american flag. Mostly were puerto rico flags. Here in NC, I swear every car and every other house has one. It's great. I wonder if the US flag count has gone up in orlando since 9/11?
Yes all we used to have was Puero rico flags on car mirrors or on cd's off of car mirrors. But now US flags everywhere. Matt you know the people who sold roses on the side of the road they now sell flags instead. I've only seen 1 non US flag since 9/11.
 

·
Badassical Baddage
Joined
·
6,535 Posts
TenchuStealthAssassin said:
I found new respect for americans that weekend.

JR
Until you wander on to a college campus (at least the University of CA ones) and notice that you hardley see an american flag in sight :mad: I know that a few of the UC schools and pretty much all of San Diego and Los Angeles county started taking down flags. The schools did not want to "offend" any foreign students :rolleyes: and the City thought that it might offend foreigners and people not of caucasian decent...

what the hell is wrong with this country? :(
 

·
Proud Owner
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
JagdStealth said:


Until you wander on to a college campus (at least the University of CA ones) and notice that you hardley see an american flag in sight :mad: I know that a few of the UC schools and pretty much all of San Diego and Los Angeles county started taking down flags. The schools did not want to "offend" any foreign students :rolleyes: and the City thought that it might offend foreigners and people not of caucasian decent...

what the hell is wrong with this country? :(
Ridiculous...
Well, that sure wasn't a problem in Pensylvania, Georgia, NC and SC :)
 

·
Running With Scissors
Joined
·
2,654 Posts
Well, I was in CA last wek, and was amazed by how many American flags I saw on cars. I thought there wouldn't be too many out there, but boy was I wrong...
 

·
Retired
Joined
·
12,235 Posts
Yes all we used to have was Puero rico flags on car mirrors or on cd's off of car mirrors. But now US flags everywhere. Matt you know the people who sold roses on the side of the road they now sell flags instead. I've only seen 1 non US flag since 9/11.
Thats good to hear. Do they sell the flags $5/dozen :D
 

·
Badassical Baddage
Joined
·
6,535 Posts
Speeyuk said:
Well, I was in CA last wek, and was amazed by how many American flags I saw on cars. I thought there wouldn't be too many out there, but boy was I wrong...
heck yeah, nothing is going to keep me from showing my colors!

I just wish the government would get their head out of their ass! Offend foreigners by flying OUR flag! That is ludicrous!
 

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
Joined
·
6,116 Posts
I'm confused. What country did I land in? I'm in America, right? I want to see our flag. If someone has a problem with it, then get out of the country. They can fly whatever flag they want, but they shouldn't be able to make us take OURS down.

That would be like me going to your house and telling you to change your pictures hanging on your wall because they offend me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
JagdStealth said:


heck yeah, nothing is going to keep me from showing my colors!

I just wish the government would get their head out of their ass! Offend foreigners by flying OUR flag! That is ludicrous!
I agree one hundred-perfuckingcent. I just don't know who to yell at about it.
 

·
Badassical Baddage
Joined
·
6,535 Posts
Let all vote me for supreme leader of the US and we'll set 'em straight! :D :p

I don't know who to yell at either, there are too many people to even begi to try and work your way through it :(

I wish we could just have some damn pride...
 

·
Got Boost?
Joined
·
4,242 Posts
TenchuStealthAssassin said:


Ridiculous...
Well, that sure wasn't a problem in Pensylvania, Georgia, NC and SC :)
Yeah, we Georgians don't care WHO we piss off, really. ;) If we want to fly a flag, we will fly it come hell or high water.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top