Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Devoted Darkling
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I crawl my sorry butt out of bed and get ready for the same drive to work I make every single week day morning. I got to the garage, hit the door opener and *WHACK* ccccooollllldddd air hits me like a sledge hammer. I go back inside and get my jacket. Brrrr...

I hop in the GSX and let her warm up a little. After a few minutes I make my way out of the garage and out of the driveway. I watch to make sure the garage door closes, and I am on my way. There's something different about my car... What is going on here?

I climb the little hill that leads out of my neighborhood with surprising ease. Odd. I get out on Mundy's Mill and the car almost runs out from under me. WTF? I turn on to Tara Blvd. and give it a little throttle to see what was up. The little bastard took off like a bat outta hell.

It was like a whole new car. I was like, "Who's GSX is this??? Where did my barely modded 16.313 second car go in the night???" The cold air does that car a world of good. I can only imagine how big my speeding ticket would have been had I driven the VR-4 today instead.

WOW! When the weather gets in the 30s / 40s, things get interesting. :)

ARGH! I want to run in the 1/4 tonight since it's so crisp out!!! I *KNOW* I would hit a 12 tonight with no problem... I KNOW IT. Can I justify drag racing two days in a row in two different states???

·
Registered
358 Posts
Funny you mentioned this

It's been in the high 40's low 50's here for the last couple of days and the VR4 is running STRONG as it usually does during these temperatures. I imagine all cars benefit somewhat from the colder, denser air but turbocharged cars really come alive during the cold season. I haven't been to a track for close to 2 years but I would love to see what my car runs at these temperatures.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I had that exact same feeling this morning... I'm waiting for the weekend when it'll be down in the 20's :eek:
Damn speed limits :mad:
I just wanna open her up one day and find out what her top speed is... it'd be fun for both of us ;)

·
Native
3,894 Posts
I don't know about you guys but my Tranny is notchy as HELL in the cold weather...once the car warms up though:D....

·
Devoted Darkling
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: Who's GSX is this???

RacerRT said:

Mine, I wan't it back in my driveway ASAP.:) ;)
I knew there was something wrong with it... There's no way this is my GSX.

I'll get it back up to you after work. ;)

... now all i have to do is figure out where my GSX ran off to...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.