1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
n/m

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't the air charger not fit quite right, and rub on the fender?
Player

·
'94 3000GT original owner
1,609 Posts
The air charger doesn't come with a C.A.R.B. sticker and you have to make your own bracket. It creates the same effect as the K&N FIPK but I would rather (and did) pay the extra $$$ for the K&N.

G

·
0 Posts
C.A.R.B. is California Air Resources Board, and so that sticker is meaningless to those of us in the 49 other states and all of the other countries in the world.
As far as the bracket goes, its true you will have to make your own, but it only took a few minutes to do.

·
3si member #294
3,397 Posts
The aircharger is not street legal anywhere as far as I know, but you would really have to know what your looking for to tell. Get the aircharger, it flows more air and cost a lot less. As far as a bracket, I just let mine rest on my fender, does not create a problem. You can really hear it when you accelerate, too.
Ryan
95 VR-4

V

·
0 Posts
Ryan
You should support it because bouncing and hitting the fender will shock the MAS, not healthy for electronics. I just bent the bracket that came with Aircharger to fit between the lower front bolt on the MAS and a closest bolt on the fender.

·
'94 3000GT original owner
1,609 Posts
GEORGE....I think you're mistaken about the CARB sticker being meaningless in other states. Any mod that carries a CARB sticker means it is emissions legal and is therefore reconized by all states. California Air Resources Board sets strict standards which are less than other states require and therefore the CARB sticker is widely accepted. If I'm wrong, then I stand corrected.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Anybody have a part # for the Aircharger? At my local shop, there are several part #'s for Aircharger: 1 for a 2nd gen. Talon, 1 for a 2nd gen Eclipse, and one for a 92-up 3si (does me no good, I have a 91 Rt/TT). I'm in Canada, and wanted to try to purchase local.

M

·
0 Posts
Are you supposed to just get the one for the elcipse? Also do these make the same HP difference on non-turbo 3S's?

·
145 Posts
Are there any picks of this air charger in a 3000GT or Stealth? It doesn't seem like it would look right in our cars according to what was said about it. If anyone knows of any web sites with some pictures, please let us know. And does anyone know the performance differences between the two?
Thanks
RyanT.
1993 3000GT SL

V

·
0 Posts
It does not come out perfect, but it holds the MAS steady. With filter element off, I tried to align the holes in the braket with the lower front bolt on MAS-adapter and a closest stud in the fender (used to hold the original air box), by hammering the braket and bending it out. Crude but effective, took 5 minutes. Don't have the time or tools to make a nice perfect one.

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can someone please explain what needs to be done for a 'bracket'. How did you ben the original to work for you?
Thanks guys,
Player

·
3,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vademon,
Any pictures?
Player

V

·
0 Posts
One of these days I'll borrow a digital camera from work and try to post.
Vadim.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts