Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my '91 stealth (manual 5-speed) the clutch doesn't seem to be working this morning while going to work. When you push the clutch there is nothing to it it'll just go straight to the floor and doesn't go into gear easily. Although when you push in the clutch it will stick in for awhile then pop back out. So, anyone had this happen to yours? Is it the pressure plate or the clutch? If so did you replace it yourself or take it to the mechanic? If it's not to hard I could possibly do it myself also what are good replacement clutches,want to upgrade but not break the bank!:eek:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Doesn't sound like a problem with the clutch per say, rather the clutch hydrolic system. Probably the Clutch master or slave cylinder is going out. do you have enough hydrolic fluid? Is either leaking? The master cylinder usually leaks from the inside, but can also leak outside too. You might also just have air in your hydrolic lines, in which they will need to be bleed.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had absolutly no hydruilc fluid, ouch! So, now what do I fill it up with and how much do I need? It has to be something that I can find at a local auto parts store since I can't wait for any Redline stuff to be shipped.:confused:

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
You'll need a quart of brake fluid. Go to stealth316.com for how to bleed the lines. Check behind the clutch pedal for a leak. You may need a new clutch master cylinder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.