Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the fitment on the wheels on this and would like to know the sizing and such.
Considering doing something like this to my n/a 3k.
Also if anyone has any recommendations for rim brands that are reasonably priced that would be great :)
decom_e2c137815bc6079b67f0af451f218b59_5917f9096523c.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,955 Posts
Don't recognize the car right off, but those wheels look expensive... LOL

The budget option for a similar looking wheel would be a Rota P45R. Just eyeballing the fitment I'm going to theorize they're probably 18x9.5ish, +30 offset. I like a little less poke personally, and my goto is a +35 offset.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,194 Posts
That is Joseph's RHD GTO from around May 2017 (according to IG). It was taken before he added the RS flares and wrap. Wheels are Rays Volk TE37SL 18x10.5 (previously RPF1's and lastly with TE37V Mark-II before the car was sold)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks for your replies guys.
Also any suggestions for tire setups with the ROTA P45R's?
To get that stretched look, I would say 265/275 on 10.5 and possibly 245/255 on 9.5 as a safe fitment. But people do go crazy and I've seen 235 on 10-11 inch wheels too, so really depends on what you want and if you want to be safe.

Does anyone have more info on his duckbill?

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,194 Posts
In the picture above, I believe that he was stretching 255mm tires... not my cup of tea lol (siding with Larry on less poke and properly sized tires). Also, it is not a duckbill; he added a gurney flap to the factory AA.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,194 Posts
Definitely a new term to add to my vocabulary. Was it vehicle specific? Or just universal stuff?
From one of his comments (IG @samurai_m3):

"This is a Crux carbon fiber gurney flap made for the GTO MR in Japan. Only one I've seen well at least of the original part. I think they have replicas out there for it."

Pretty common and popular for other platforms in various styles and sizes.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

1 - 8 of 8 Posts