Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking about taking the whole CC system in the engine bay include the black box.Who had it??? I need to know how did you run the cable from the fire wall(that goes to the pedal) to the throttle linkage....or how did you take the cable bracket from the previous cable to CC box to fit straight to the cable to the fire wall(if you gonna use that to connect to the throttle linkage)???

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
what benefit would this have? I have an aftermarket steering wheel, so I no longer have the CC controls. I wouldn't mind cleaning up the engine bay a little bit. Does the unit have any affect on throttle response?

·
Registered
856 Posts
If i were u, i would re-wire my controls. seems like a shame to lose cc just for an aftermarket wheel.

I don't think he's removing it, i think he's trying to reattach it. There would be no gains from removing the cc.

.jon

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I never really liked the CC in my car anyway. Yours may have been different, but I thought it was too jerky. It kind of bugged me. I thought about just removing the controls from the steering wheel and mounting them somewhere else, but I sold the wheel.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No gain in hp wise....

Just cleaning my engine bay....I've already taken out my CC box and the motor too.

My custom plenum will have the TB coming from the opposite site of where it is right now and the CC system will be in the way.

I will defenatly show the pics when everything is ready and done;)

So pearl RT did you still have your CC box in there or did you ake that out too??? if you did how do you run your throttle cable from the pedal straight to the throttle body linkage???

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
Some models didn't have CC. I would get the throttle cable and related brackets from one of those. Most likely you will find it on a base stealth model. Hell, even AC was optional on those things along with power windows and doors :).

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
No, I still have my box and all other related materials. I just don't have the controls that are on the steering wheel.

If you figure out how to do it, could you please post or email me some pics and instructions?

Thanks,
Brandon

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Hans...

Hans91GT said:
Get this part number MB539574.... it's the throttle cable for cars without CC. Looks like it costs just a little over $60.
You're rock;)....But do you know if thats include the cable and the bracket cable adjuster too???

Kash!!! hell yeah i'm going to clean my engine bay and make it look nice,clean and lots a room;):D for bigger hair dryer

·
4,613 Posts
I never really liked the CC in my car anyway. Yours may have been different, but I thought it was too jerky. It kind of bugged me.
I hardly use mine for the same reason... it will lag and then bam the turbos will boost and then it slows down again and then slowly lags and the same thing... I enjoy it for long trips but most of the time I dont use it

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
brainfood said:

I hardly use mine for the same reason... it will lag and then bam the turbos will boost and then it slows down again and then slowly lags and the same thing... I enjoy it for long trips but most of the time I dont use it
mine did the samething.....at what speed do this usually accure?mine at 25mph at 2nd gear

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
My cruise control has always worked fine. The main thing is that you need to have it in a gear where the boost isn't having to build a lot to make the speed. I mean, if you have it at 25mph in 2nd gear, that may jump a bit, because the boost builds, then has to shut down. However, 25 mph in 3rd will work just fine because it is at a low enough rpm that not too much boost builds by then to interrupt the normal smooth engagement. I'm talking 1st gen gearing here, but that is probably ok for 2nd gen cars as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts