·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Screw repairing them - where can i get cheap 1st gen replacement door panels? M&S Recycling wants like $100 or $150 (its been a while since i called) and they say they are in "good condition." Thats not enough for me, I want guaranteed GREAT condition, or I'd rather just buy brand new ones.

Let me recap:
1. Where can i get used AND new door panels
2. How much $$$?

.jon

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
T.T.T.

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
3,129 Posts
I'm pretty good at this type of stuff and man these things are TOUGH!!! Basically the only way to repair them is to painstakingly peel the whole thing off and start from scratch using contact cement and a shitload of patience which is my next endeavor. The syringe trick was only temporary unfortunately. If anybody has a tried and true technique that looks good as new and has lasted over a year...I'm all ears before I start this crap....cuz it is gonna be a BITCH!! I figure if worse comes to worse, I could just replace them.

·
VR4 owner since 1993
584 Posts
Check out this thread on the topic. Once I decide on the best glue to use, I'll try the injection method.

-JD

·
UP THE IRONS!!!
3,129 Posts
Well, I used a good syringe and had no trouble..but you really need contact cement and you have to coat both surfaces and allow to dry to a tack for 15 min before sticking them together which is impossible trying to inject underneath. Using other adhesives also doesn't work well because most other glues work by the solvent (usually toluene or ether based) evaporating which can't occur in a sealed "bubble". Let me know your success because the injection method did not work for me or my friend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts