Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
ooh ooh me me I have I have. It is not something that you want to crack into unless you know what you are doing. I have heard of people doing it at their homes. I guess i'm just spoiled with the lift,press,and many thousands of dollars worth of tools,But I personally wouldn't do it in my garage. Like I said I am spoiled though you fellas impress me with what you can do with a 12mm,14mm,17mm wrenches a pair of channel locks and a case of beer(which would probably help most).

·
One Shizz-rippin' M F
3,554 Posts
Its built kinda weird and is a little hard to take apart/put together, the FWD 5 speed is a lot more straight forward, youll probably have to screw around with it for but you dont need any special tools exept a gear puller to replace the syncro.

·
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the bell housing off and the drive part off but the two gear spindles that are together.. the ones with the shift forks I cant seem to figure out how to get them off... help please... I dont see why this cant be done in your garage? i am doing the rebuild in the gargage.. I have plenty of tools and why would you need a lift? so you can lift the trans up and down? (I can see di93es in the shop with the trans on a lift up and down up and down :D j/k) but seriously it came apart fine.. I have a big compressor and lots of tools I am not out there with a craftsman set making do..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts