Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
1 STUNNA
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering who all have the Phantom turbos from turbochargers.com. I am getting ready to purchase them to do some extensive testing and research on them and I wanted to get started from your opinions. . Any onfo would be great including mods, boost levels, and how the whole setup feels. Thank you Emory.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Judging from your mod list, there is more potential than settling with something that flows a little more than 15g's. I think it's better to go with 650r's or 368's to max out the supporting mods.

·
Just havin' fun!
1,151 Posts
I like my Phantoms, even though they're only at 15psi right now - waiting to turn it up until PROPAIN is delivered to my doorstep this Spring!:D They pull very, very hard. I haven't riden in any other 3S's that have had aftermarket turbos, but judging from my buttdyno - they're awesome. They feel as strong if not stronger spooling up at 11-12psi as the 9b's did at 15.

Talking with the guys at turbochargers.com, they should be able to hold 30psi to redline, with proper mods of course. Now I doubt I'll ever see that, but I'm sure they'll be able to handle where I'm wanting to go. I'd like to see at least 22-23psi....... eventually.:)

When I first started my mods, I just wanted to be able to hit high 11's. We'll see if I still feel that way when I do!:p Haven't been to the track yet to see. And I haven't run it with my Gtech either. The 0-60 pulls I did had potential for faster times, lots of wheel spin through 1st gear. Maybe the road or just my driving.:rolleyes:

There's comparison photos at the bottom of my sig of the Phantoms and stockers. BIG difference, especially on the compressor wheel side. :eek: :D

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
red3kgtvr4 said:

Talking with the guys at turbochargers.com, they should be able to hold 30psi to redline, with proper mods of course.
Do you think they were telling truth? I doubt that even DR650s can hold 30psi to redline. Remember that 15Gs hold about 20 to the redline and if Phantoms are slightly bigger than 15gs, like someone said, i really doubt 30psi is a reality here!!!! ;)

·
Just havin' fun!
1,151 Posts
TVR-4 said:

Do you think they were telling truth? I doubt that even DR650s can hold 30psi to redline. Remember that 15Gs hold about 20 to the redline and if Phantoms are slightly bigger than 15gs, like someone said, i really doubt 30psi is a reality here!!!! ;)
Never said I believed him, but I know they'll be all I'm looking for. Even if they just peaked at 30 and dropped to 25, would that be so bad?:p They claim from they're testing (I believe it was Bosch (sp?) Racing) that they can support 680hp, so I don't know what kind of psi is required for that. Any ideas?

All I'm wanting is good, strong 11's (mid would be nice!) and I'll be extremely happy. Right now they spool up like a bat out of hell, and I can't wait until I can turn it up and see what they're really capable of.

·
1 STUNNA
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well it is on Modified Mags Website

go to modifiedmag.com and look up dsm shootout and it id the black vr-4 with the fron mount, and if you can go find the east coast gathering pics from 2002 and find the individual pics I am like 3 or 4 after mikes(orange stealth)..

·
is my AIM & Hotmail name
383 Posts
hey red3kgtvr4 think i could get a ride in that beast sometime over the xmas break, i'll be back from college so i'll be in KC, maybe we can meet and i can have a feel for a car that isnt stock, just to make me jealous

·
Just havin' fun!
1,151 Posts
sn0man1 said:
hey red3kgtvr4 think i could get a ride in that beast sometime over the xmas break, i'll be back from college so i'll be in KC, maybe we can meet and i can have a feel for a car that isnt stock, just to make me jealous
No problem - if the weather permits!:D Don't drive it in the white stuff. Give me an idea of when you'd be in town cause I'll be going to Nebraska sometime in Dec.

·
Just havin' fun!
1,151 Posts
Re: 20 psi redline

EMZZRKT said:
I have the 15G's on my car now(well did) adn When I was at the track I was holding 24lbs on stock engine and race fuel so I think that the phantoms have potential with the T-60 wheel.
According to Jeff's website http://www.stealth316.com/2-turboguide.htm#c on turbo comparison, it looks like the Phantoms are closer to a 368 than even a 17G, let alone a 15G. The Phantoms come with the T3-60 compressor wheel and a TD04HL turbine wheel. What do you guys think? I'm seeing lots of potential here. They're just too new right now, so nobody knows real numbers yet.

·
is my AIM & Hotmail name
383 Posts
break starts like around the 20th of december....... and i'll be home till like i dunno the 10th of january, so in advance thx, i'm already excited...

ok talk later with details, i'm off ta bed

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Is the lag compareable to the 9bs? I was told the lag is less then the DR650s, but at Turbochargers.coms rating of supporting 680 peak HP, I would say they should be very similar to the DR650s.

Sam

1 - 20 of 47 Posts