Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that my fog light are fixed, I would like to drive around with JUST my fogs on and my parking lights and would like those little reflectors in front of the headlights to be illuminated. I have read the Snake Eyes mod, and am concerned about overheating something with those headlights on and down...Has anyone who has done this melted anything or is there another way? I would really just like to wire in some lights parrallel with the parking lights and be able to operate the fogs independently of the headlights, that way the headlights wouldn't have to be on and down to illuminate those refletors...anyone done this way either...if so How? Thanks in advance! Randy

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
I have the snake eyes mod. I have not had any problems with it yet. A lot of people have done this mod. I imagine that there must be a way to hook the fog lights up to the parking lights but i do not know how.

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
I did an update to the origional snake eyes so that you don't lose your fogs on a 91 car. I don't know how it would work on a 92 or 93 car, but if someone is willing to try, I'll mention it on my website. My mod page is here >>> http://members.home.com/jvan/snakes.htm After you do this all of your lights are independent of one another, and everything is controlled inside the car. No hack relay job. Let me know if you read over my page. I need feedback on it. Thanks and good luck.

·
BFA
1,180 Posts
I have had the snake eye mod before, and had no problems with it. I just got bored with it, and decided to do something else. I bought a colored light bulb set from pep boys for $10, but they are $12 now, and i took off the side marker/snake eye lense pieces, and I drilled a 1/2 inch hole in the bottom of the lense compatment and put in the little blue bulbs. I wired them to my parking lights power, and just grounded them under a bolt that was under the side markers. I had a problem with the bulbs going out alot, mostly just on the driver's side, so I bought some different bulbs for $10 and now they are black-light purple, and I haven't had problems with it yet. They are tight as hell though! Everyone says something about it, I 've had people roll down their windows at stop lights to ask about them. I have pics of them, but they look much better in real life though. It was a real easy mod, and is just bad ass. I'm planning on getting another set and putting them inside the fog lights, and they glow an erie purple when the foglights aren't on.

JASON
[email protected]

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hey Jason,
Did you get those purple bulbs at pep boys too?? That mod sounds awesome. Have you gotten any crap from cops with those?
Grant

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just did that snakes eye mod yesterday. It was REAL easy and i didn't even pull the dash to do it. Now i just have a problem of my own. My passenger sidemarker light(that is the light under the front headlight right?) has alot of condensation in it and i was wondering if drilling a hole in the back of it might relieve the "pressure" or at least help in some way? Any suggestion's??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts