Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my timing belt changed this weekend. Anything I should watch out for, or, better yet, anything ELSE I should change while I'm at it?

Like UDP, perhaps?

BTW, will FPR resistor mod work for N/A 3Ks? Any other free mods I should be doing while the car is getting worked on? Do N/As have pre-cats too?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
If you don't swap out your water pump while you have the timing belt out you're just asking for trouble... Depending on thier condition you might wanna look into new cam seals too. they're pretty easy to replace and it would save you from having to pull it all off again if one should start leaking. I went ahead and got a new tensioner, tensioner puller, and idler pulley. Not a bad investment. I would asy at very least get a new tensioner.
There you go, that should be just about everything. aside from new drive belts.

·
og
4,293 Posts
are you looking at doing a 60k, is that why you are changing your timing belt? should you be doing a 60k, search it out, i posted a complete list of parts needed... and if you have a udp now would be an ideal time to change it.

- mike

·
Hellfire Master
2,666 Posts
If you wanna go all out while you're in there: get UDP, new tensioner and all that good stuff, lightweight adjustable camgears, waterpump, oilpump (safety sake, I don't know if its common or not but I plan on doing it at my next 60k), also if you really wanna get anal about it check all of your valves and lifters and replace any worn out lash adjusters and valve seals. Heh heh heh WOOHAH performance rules. If you can stand the additional downtime, get a camgrind as well, if you belong to the camp that believes in this performance mod.

devilmanVISA

·
Registered
772 Posts
I haven't really researched this or looked it up in the service manual but do you need any special tools to change out the timing belts? (torque wrench, belt tension tester, etc......) I'm coming up on 120,000 miles and the only major problem so far is that damn ecu going out on me.......and the car still isn't running quite right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts